28/09/21 Faux Fulda re-run

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Alien

Re: 28/09/21 Faux Fulda re-run

Post by Alien »

It wasn't all downhill, Father bagged a cpl of 21's, I flew within 12 miles of Pashovsky and the 29's didn't want to play so flew East and doubled up with Father.
No further redair appeared however so we went round in circles , Read a copy of Sho'gun :lol: , once the OCU had made a good job of destroying their Runway at Maykop we went in for a Guns run on the 2 21's sat on the North Ramp, RTB to Teddy
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

I'm glad you caught up with some reading!

This has only happened on the Caucus map. I suggest a re-run of Oh Man next week unless there's something else.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

A quiet night for 97Sqn, until we were back in the circuit to land.
Approaching the IP for the tanks, they should have been visible on the TGP. Nothing. Pontiac 3 searched the length of the road, searching for BMPs. Nothing.
I put a call into 251, making an announcement that targets had retreated, and we were RTB. Put another call out to Overlord, requesting Picture. No response. Overlord did call back twice with updates on RED AIR, but they were of no concern.
The brief was to join the circuit downwind, in trail, turn onto base leg, and land. Instead, we extended the downwind leg, and set up for a three ship run and break on r/w30. Break completed, we turned crosswind, and set up landing config on the downwind. Pontiac 3 informed me that Fordx had declared an emergency. I called Fordx and informed him we were extending downwind, and he had priority. Fordx acknowledged, and landed ahead of us. At about 10nm from touchdown, we turned onto base leg, for a straight in approach. Ford Flight joined the circuit when we were about 6nm from touchdown. We continued our approach and heavy landing, with Ford landing behind us.
We were disappointed that the targets had retreated, but not as disappointed as Andrew.
Thankyou Andrew for all your endeavours. keep up the good work.

Per Ardua ad Astra.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Danny
Site Admin

Post by Danny »

I ran the mission again last night after having a look at triggers etc and all was well - tgts all there and threat rings visible.

I then went back on the server and re-set the mission and again all was well. Targets were visible and in place and threat rings visible.
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Thanks for checking Danny.

Nice after action report Geoff, I know you put a lot of work in to your planning so it's disappointing all round, especially as we thought the patch had solved it.

It's very bizarre, I wondered if it was something to do with us all joining at once, but looking at Tacview we were still joining for the first minute or two.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Andrew,
I wonder if it was all joining at the same time.
I've looked at both my TacViews.
The first was before you restarted the server. It showed all 97Sqn tanks and BMPs.
We were all in the cockpit when you restarted the server. The second TacView has NO 97Sqn tanks and BMPs.
Just a thought. I don't understand servers.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

My second tacview shows all targets present for about 20 seconds or so at which point they all go grey and lose their tag notes. Very odd.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Squadron Flights”