4th Jan --OPERATION BLAGGARD--

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Flyco
Site Admin

Re: 4th Jan --OPERATION BLAGGARD--

Post by Flyco »

OK, BlackWitch. I see you have amended our T/O time - thanks.

I am however, a little concerned that you may have misinterpreted the Start Time (or it may be me?). As I understand it the Start time is the time that DCS starts. That is , you cannot start your aircraft before that time. It also looks as though we are now about an hour behind every one else - Can we expect CAP for the whole period that we will be in the target zone - from about 04:45(Z) to 05:30(Z), which I think is 0845 to 0930 local time.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Black-Witch

Post by Black-Witch »

Flyco wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 16:59 OK, BlackWitch. I see you have amended our T/O time - thanks.

I am however, a little concerned that you may have misinterpreted the Start Time (or it may be me?). As I understand it the Start time is the time that DCS starts. That is , you cannot start your aircraft before that time. It also looks as though we are now about an hour behind every one else - Can we expect CAP for the whole period that we will be in the target zone - from about 04:45(Z) to 05:30(Z), which I think is 0845 to 0930 local time.
It was Andrew that adjusted that, I was already busy replanning two flights as we had 2 people drop out about an hour ago.

It seems, again this is all new to me, that there is a recent change to starting the server, it now “sits” for 30 minutes before anyone goes in there, then we have an “in-cockpit” time and the take off time is after that, so it will be ~0440z (0840 map local) that we take off.

As to CAP, 3 Squadron are providing that for you, albeit you’re over the front lines somewhat.

They have also chosen to take out 3 SAM sites in the area you’re operating in, but your route in and out was pretty secure anyway, but it should give you wriggle room if you need it.

we do have one or two human AWACS tonight, who can probably read the situation better than the AI, in that they will know the relative position of our CAP and how it affects flights near them.

Right I have to go, Andrew has just told me that the changes he made to your flight altitudes and start times has caused another problem to appear….sigh

Cheers
The aggressive spirit, the offensive, is the chief thing everywhere in war, and the air is no exception.

Manfred Freiherr Von Richthofen.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I’ll be there to run the server mission, but I am unwell, so I will have to miss out on the mission.

Apologies
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Hi Neil
very sorry to hear that, I hope you are on the mend soon. I have added it to the server. Would it be possible to run it at 19:20 please.

Cheers
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Roon
Site Admin

Post by Roon »

41Sqn AAR

Unfortunately four of our AC blew up on the runway as we were waiting to take off. The back four continued on to TGT but we don't yet know how well that went as we had to reset the TGT elevations on the WP's to approximate values.

Proceeded to CAP and contacted the live AWACS but many were short on fuel so we looked for Texaco but it wasn't there. Found shell but it didn't respond so RTB'd. Damaged by wrekage on runway on landing so didn't refuel and called it a night. Some of the guys stayed on and will probably report in later.

Thanks for putting the work in chaps, I think it was initial server lag that did for us and maybe there are some new bugs since the update.
Sometimes stuff is supposed to fall off....sometimes not.
I still can't be sure which... :?

Officer Commanding F18 OCU
Wing Commander Ade Rhoney - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image

Black-Witch

Post by Black-Witch »

Neil Willis wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 18:41 I’ll be there to run the server mission, but I am unwell, so I will have to miss out on the mission.

Apologies
Thanks for your time tonight Neil, get well soon
The aggressive spirit, the offensive, is the chief thing everywhere in war, and the air is no exception.

Black-Witch

Post by Black-Witch »

Roon wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 22:01 41Sqn AAR

Unfortunately four of our AC blew up on the runway as we were waiting to take off. The back four continued on to TGT but we don't yet know how well that went as we had to reset the TGT elevations on the WP's to approximate values.

Proceeded to CAP and contacted the live AWACS but many were short on fuel so we looked for Texaco but it wasn't there. Found shell but it didn't respond so RTB'd. Damaged by wrekage on runway on landing so didn't refuel and called it a night. Some of the guys stayed on and will probably report in later.

Thanks for putting the work in chaps, I think it was initial server lag that did for us and maybe there are some new bugs since the update.
Sorry to hear it didn't go as planned, our after action debrief also mentioned lots of errors with TACAN, altimeters and other annoying things that didn't work.

Cheers

Danny
Site Admin

Post by Danny »

Thank you Black Witch, 3(F) had a great evening once again.

Luckily we saw the carnage that befell 41(F) and entered the runway at the intersection after the debris. We decided to land at our alternate just in case.

SEAD went as planned, destroying x2 SA-3 and 1 SA-2 radars.

All 4 bridges were hit, presumed destroyed.

We then had fun with the incoming red masses. Both the SEAD and strike flts joined with the CAP and we went to work.

5 SU-25's
6 IL-76's
1 SU-24R
2 Mi-26's and 1 damaged.

Thanks also to the live AWACS team, very helpful and made our night easier.

PS Ade, Shell wouldnt have helped you much, it was a boom tanker for the 16's
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Trip went OK for 97. Sorry for rogue transmissions on 251.0 - a snag in my SRS set-up which I will investigate.

We picked up the odd Red input on our RWRs, but no active air threats. Never felt threatened, and could see the F16s above, both visually and on our RWR. The route was fine, with the only niggle being the passive and relatively benign positioning of our targets. It might been a better idea to set them to scatter after the first attack. This would have been preferable to having so many. It got a bit tedious towards the end, by which time all the fast-jet guys were in the bar!

One problem, was obviously the few A-10s we fielded, due to 97 sickness and domestic issues. To cater for this, you can include a once only trigger, that counts the number of a specific ac getting airborne within the first, say, 5 minutes and only spawn a graduated number of targets.

Oh yes, can you get some of those bloody trees cut down, they made a hell of a mess of my aircraft and my self-esteem!
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Black-Witch

Post by Black-Witch »

Carrier Air Wing AAR.

The CAW had several taskings for Op Blaggard:
1 Fleet Defence
2 SEAD and Runway Denial Maykop Airfield
3 SEAD and Runway denial at Sochi Airfield
4 Destroy 2 Bridges

1 The Carrier arrived overnight and at Dawn 2 Tomcats, Alien and Funky, scrambled and almost as they were gear up AWACS had alerted them to 2 Red Fighters, the Russians were also up early!
Phoenix missiles stopped the Red Fighters who were on route to kill our AWACS.
shortly after that x4 low level Maritime Strike aircraft appeared over the horizon armed with missiles intent on attacking our Fleet, Again the Tomcats, almost at the Turkish Coast, engaged and destroyed all 4 before they could release their missiles.

2 x2 Hornets were tasked with SEAD at Maykop, there was a SA-3 and an SA-2 covering the airfield, unfortunately one of the Hornets, evensis, was hit by a SAM but the SAM coverage over Maykop was down, que Bombcats, unfortunately a bug has crept in since the last patch and immediately on bomb release both Bombcats exploded. One of the pilots made a repeat run with different bomb drop settings and managed to run down the length of the Runway and put Maykop out of use.

3 The SEAD at Sochi went smoother as there was only a single SAM site, and x2 Hornets carried out a low fast run and struck both runways from use, a special mention to Smokie here, this was his first Hornet mission with the CAW where he was tasked with such an important mission, well done to his Flight Leader Boos for getting qualified so quickly. the Hornets accuracy was impeccable.

4 The Sochi SEAD then attacked and destroyed 2 Bridges, a short notice addition for the Flight Leader Bart and his wingman Andrew, as we had 2 pilots who had to pull out with just a couple of hours notice.

By now aircraft were recovering to the Carrier, all aircraft successfully landed on "Mother", thanks to Human ATC Boos managing the steady flow of aircraft each with different fuel states.

The Human AWACS did an exemplary job directing CAW aircraft, well done Duke and Hendo.

Witch

Return to “Squadron Flights”