Squadron Mission Planning for RAFAIR Missions

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Black-Witch

Squadron Mission Planning for RAFAIR Missions

Post by Black-Witch »

Gents,

I'd like to continue the discussion about the errors and changes that creep in when Squadron .miz files are pasted into the upcoming RAFAIR mission .miz file.

It seems totally random as to why different aspects of a flights details change when added, and currently there's not a way to tell if these "differences" are intended or not.

Intended changes can be incorporated into the FRAG, such as extra callsigns for a Squadron rather than just one, especially as the ME now has an even larger range of Callsigns available.

We are still limited to 4 aircraft per Flight, and they must all share the same waypoints, which can be limiting, it's clear Squadrons approach this differently.

One option is that each aircraft is a different Flight with its own WPTS. This can mean losing some datalink information that is very useful.

Another is that multiple waypoints are added for the Flight but only some of them are used by different aircraft within that Flight. This requires pilots to "create" routes in the cockpit from the installed waypoints.

So do we need a "check list" or a "confirmation list" to accompany the returned file, at least until some the changes become permanent?

For example, most of the items in this picture are subject to random change, probably!?

The aggressive spirit, the offensive, is the chief thing everywhere in war, and the air is no exception.

Manfred Freiherr Von Richthofen.

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Squadron Mission Planning for RAFAIR Missions

Post by 0405 Andrew »

I suggest we handle this in the mission group SOP and I will issue what's needed going forward when we send out the intel miz.
I think it's more obvious what changes from the mission designer end and it will be just a case of having a check sheet that squadron planners fill in to clarify a few points. I suggest we keep the format much the same as it is.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”