UPDATED PLEASE READ Operation Persian Storm Intel / First Sortie

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Duke

Re: Operation Persian Storm Intel / First Sortie

Post by Duke »

309 Geoff wrote: 21 Mar 2022, 21:49
Duke wrote: 21 Mar 2022, 21:34 How about laser guided bombs? If the SA6 is dead should be ok to sit just above its max height?
Duke,
The Sa-15 ceiling is 40,000ft. Our ceiling is 34,000ft, on a good day.
I've put a request up on the 97Sqn forum, asking for someone to test it out. I'm starting to wonder if it's ability has been changed in DCS. I'll check.
Sorry buddy that ceiling isn't correct. Maybe in real life but not in DCS, I just overflew a SA15 at 25,700 in a Hornet and dropped a LGB on it without issue. Video was going to be attached but was taking to long and I had to go to work

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Duke,
Good job. I'll give that a try at 28,000ft. Hope it works.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Duke,
I stand corrected. I destroyed the SA15 from 28k, with a GBU12.
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

The quoted DCS limits for a SA-15 are 20,000 ft and 6.5 nm. That said, I have always fired 3 in quick succession (starting at about 8 nm), and usually the second one hits, if not the third is on its way.

An alternative methods, which I haven’t tried, is to get someone to buddy lase and fire 4 or 5 LGRs at them from medium ht at 6 nm. This is outside the quoted range of the LGR, but might be worth a try. You just need to get the aiming circle around the target, to allow the LGB it pick it up.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

892 and 11 still not heard from you regarding approx numbers for this?

Duke

Re: UPDATED PLEASE READ Operation Persian Storm Intel / First Sortie

Post by Duke »

So as 41f are not flying I have added them in Ai form, striking their respective airfield and 4 aircraft are on cap on the far west side on map.
We have also been joined by the French Air force fielding 8 Mirage 2000 (C and S).

Mirage flights are departing Dubai so 97 you must not cross active runway until the 8 Mirages have entered it and took off. If you do the AI go stupid and sit on taxiway refusing to move.

Same goes for 3f your airfield has 4 F18s departing along with the F117s, please allow them to go out in front of you to avoid them freezing on taxiway.

You might ask why I'm including AI, well mainly as without additional aircraft we are invading the southern half of an entire country with 16 or so jets, which seems low to me and in reality we'd be wiped out before getting going. So the AI are there in part to assist, in part to give the impression of a mass operation

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Duke,
You authorised 97Sqn to change our start up positions at Dubai. This is where we will start from:-
97Sqn Dubai.JPG
97Sqn Dubai.JPG (734.48 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
We intend to use the southern runway for T/O and landing. I don't expect to cross any taxiways. Is this acceptable?
You will have the 97Sqn miz today, before 2100hrs.
ImageImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

Hi Geoff, yes all good, the Mirage aircraft are coming from parking spots on the other side and use Right (northern) runway for take off. Just please check before moving from parking that the French are on their way out by time you move to runway. If possible use the Ai atc as this seems to help the AI aircraft wake up if they stop after ATC gives you clearance to takeoff

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Duke,
I've briefed to call for taxi at 1912Z, with a take off at 1918Z. Calls will be made using AI on 251.15.
Will I be able to see the mirages on the F10 map?
Are these timings acceptable? I can delay a few minutes, if required.
ImageImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

309 Geoff wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 12:14 Duke,
I've briefed to call for taxi at 1912Z, with a take off at 1918Z. Calls will be made using AI on 251.15.
Will I be able to see the mirages on the F10 map?
Are these timings acceptable? I can delay a few minutes, if required.
I'll check when I'm home from work but from memory I think first flight spawns in at 19:18z, second 19:20z so you'll be long since taken off by the time they've spooled up and taxi'd out. All blue units will be visible all mission on F10 map(mainly so I can try and monitor how well cap is doing ) but will be a benefit to whoever needs to check on anything allied

Return to “Squadron Flights”