UPDATED PLEASE READ Operation Persian Storm Intel / First Sortie

Details Of Online Flight Nights
john (scooby)

Re: Operation Persian Storm Intel / First Sortie

Post by john (scooby) »

Duke wrote: 20 Mar 2022, 16:48 Yes, JSW run a F16 squadron designated 11sqn, for ease of comms however they are and will always be "Chaos" callsign along with "Saxon" who are the AV8B squadron (801) on these missions

11sqn F-14 bombing runway at Havadarya Airfield then hold BARCAP north in you sector. CAP is your area of expertise but I would suggest all squadrons racetrack around from target airfields to 40 miles north then back again.

As stated your priority is to cover the Harriers and A10s once you've destroyed your runway, but not to go off on a jolly 300 miles north leaving a big gap for enemy air to enter.
we dont go on jollies lol, just wondering if theres anywhere we shouldnt go to intercept incoming bad guys
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

Just remain inside your cap zone shown on the miz file overlay and all will be vundabar, I'm foolishly hoping aircraft on CAP will use 251 to communicate with each other and quickly sort out which sqn are targeting which incoming hostiles. lol

Danny
Site Admin

Post by Danny »

Hi Duke,

Have your boys got any skins?
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

Hiya Danny, they do but they're so close to the Rafair skins we are just going to use them instead. The F16 skin they use is literally identical to your base skin. Plus I didn't get permission from the guy that created their skins to share them and he's being abit funny about it (even though he's not flying) dcs politics hey ......

Danny
Site Admin

Post by Danny »

No worries buddy, shame but out of your control
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Duke,
97Sqn confirm 4 pilots at present. I don't expect that to change.

A couple of questions.
1. From the miz, I see that "Shadow" (F-117s) will destroy all Sa-6's helping to protect our target, Qeshm airfield. Will we receive a message from Shadow, saying all Qeshm Sa-6's destroyed?
2. If no message received, is there SEAD available?

If any SA-6 survives, we will not be able to continue to our target

Please note, I've moved our start parking slots to 92-96. Is this OK?
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

Hi Geoff, as discussed earlier on teamspeak the F117's have been 100% successful in killing your and 3 sqn's SA6 track radar in testing, I have managed to get the two F117 flights and the Exocet missile strike for 1f's SA6 impacting within 30 seconds of each other at 19:38z for all three strikes.

I have however put a failsafe should they mess it up on mission night. Just let me know on 251 if for whatever reason they fail to kill your sam site (Same foes for 3f and 1f).

And yes happy for you to taxi from whichever parking area you want too. Only you and 41f at Dubai so plenty of room!

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Duke,
Thanks.
Just tested my miz against one of the SA-15, with the SA-6 removed. Not good.

I fired a salvo of 3*MavH at the SA-15. It responded with 6 of it's own missiles, and destroyed all of my Mavs. It's skill level is "Good".

I then changed it's skill level to "Average". It still destroyed all 3 Mavs. Due to the launch range of the H Mav, and time it takes to acquire the target, it would be a challenge to fire a salo of 4 mavs.

I'll put a test miz up on 97Sqn forum, and see if I can get someone to test fire against the SA-15.
ImageImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

How about laser guided bombs? If the SA6 is dead should be ok to sit just above its max height?

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Duke wrote: 21 Mar 2022, 21:34 How about laser guided bombs? If the SA6 is dead should be ok to sit just above its max height?
Duke,
The Sa-15 ceiling is 40,000ft. Our ceiling is 34,000ft, on a good day.
I've put a request up on the 97Sqn forum, asking for someone to test it out. I'm starting to wonder if it's ability has been changed in DCS. I'll check.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Squadron Flights”