12TH APRIL 2022 19:30 Operation Persian Storm Sortie 2

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Duke

12TH APRIL 2022 19:30 Operation Persian Storm Sortie 2

Post by Duke »

Sortie 2 time: +18 hours from Sortie 1. (18:00 local)

Following Sortie 1 strikes against initial target airfields we can confirm they have all been successful with minimal aircraft losses.
Following on from your sorties a further 72 individual strikes have taken place and taken a heavy toll on the enemy.

The enemies ability to field aircraft has been greatly reduced however the airfields of Shiraz and Kerman have been defended well by the Iranians and as such are still operational with limited aircraft available.

Some Mig29 and J7 (Mig 21) aircraft have been pulled back from airbase to be operated from makeshift road farps as they have that ability.

There is still a low level of air threat from the far north west and north east of the region of QRA aircraft however we have more than enough aircraft to deter and negate that threat.

Rafair and JSW are now tasked with engaging military installations in the central region of Iran as well as Shiraz International Airport.

A number of armor and artillery convoys are heading towards the coast from these military installations and will be targeted by 1f and 97f.
97f and 1f squadron will have a very specific role in preventing these armored convoys from reaching their destination towns and "digging in" prior to the landings of allied armor. If this happens they will be able to take up hugely difficult defensive positions in the cities on the southern coast which will be a deadly prospect for our armored forces to deal with

Specific target info and Frag is being being finalised and will be produced by Saturday morning.

This Sortie will be a (in game) late afternoon mission flown in daylight however it is likely to be fully dark on your completion/return to airfields/carriers
Last edited by Duke on 05 Apr 2022, 17:58, edited 4 times in total.

Duke

Re: Operation Persian Storm Sortie 2

Post by Duke »

Please complete your attendance numbers ASAP.

1f - 4-6 jets awaiting confirmation

97f -

3f -

892f -

11f -

OCU - Not Available, court marshalled after their Ai versions killed countless civilians on the last Sortie 🤪

JSW

Chaos F16 - Not Available, Jets in maintenence

Saxon AV8B - Not Available, drunk in the crew bar
Last edited by Duke on 03 Apr 2022, 04:13, edited 2 times in total.

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

What will 11f (CAW) tasking be for this?
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

Father Cool wrote: 31 Mar 2022, 16:30 What will 11f (CAW) tasking be for this?
What do you want to do?

No one from 11 has given any feedback from last mission so you need to tell me if you want to do ground attack or cap

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Can you please confirm the date that this is to be flown.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

12th Alan as per the mission diary buddy

Matt
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Ah sorry I guess Shane has been busy.

I am happy to do either. From the sounds of it there wont be tons of redair to knock down so a ground strike followed by barcap as last time would suit me.

I'd be keen to give the lantirn some love but not sure what targets you have and the rest of 11f aren't keen on using it I don't think.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

Father Cool wrote: 31 Mar 2022, 19:23 Ah sorry I guess Shane has been busy.

I am happy to do either. From the sounds of it there wont be tons of redair to knock down so a ground strike followed by barcap as last time would suit me.

I'd be keen to give the lantirn some love but not sure what targets you have and the rest of 11f aren't keen on using it I don't think.
Without giving to much away and to stop this being to much of a cakewalk for you guys there will always be an "adequate" amount of fighter qra to keep you on your toes. In reality I imagine the real enemy would ground their jets to save them snd the pilots but that will become super easy for you in dcs so I'll always have "some" air threat, even if very limited

Duke

Post by Duke »

Please find attached Main Briefing and Intel Map, Andrew will be doing the Frag over next day or two.

All mobile ground vehicles including air defense systems will be controlled by human players to give some realism to their defensive tactics, without this it will be way to easy for you guys!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing
Attachments
T99- All Squad PG Sortie 2 Intel Map Edited.miz
(443.61 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Duke, the plot shows that the A-10s have around 70 mobile targets. Are you saying that each of these will be controlled in real time by humans?

Second point, can you confirm that the Hercules you plan to include, will not prevent those who don’t have the mod from joining the game?
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”