12TH APRIL 2022 19:30 Operation Persian Storm Sortie 2

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Duke

Re: Operation Persian Storm Sortie 2

Post by Duke »

The ground targets will have myself controlling them in game master. You don't need to be "in" the vehicles you simply click on them on F10 and send them in different directions as well as turning the Shorad systems to green to switch radars off etc. I'll be doing 97f and CAW target area with another human doing 3f and 1f's vehicles.

2nd point the Herc mod, like any mod you will need it in order to join the server.

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Duke, further to my above comments, am I to understand that you also intend to use live ATC?

I cannot help feel that the extras are going to overwhelm the actual missions.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

Live ATC at least for take off is A, for abit of immersion and B to prevent you guys chopping in front of AI flights and messing them up. If you don't want any of this I'll strip back your airfield and I'll do ATC for 3f only.

And all AI flights will go from either 3f or another airfield

Duke

Post by Duke »

Also just to confirm the use of the Hurcules is for the last mission, not this one
Last edited by Duke on 02 Apr 2022, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Real immersion would involve no ATC - it is too easy to be overheard.

It would be easier to give everyone a timeslot. Do you have a back-up plan for when SRS plays up? I cannot remember a mission recently when there has not been problems with comms.

As it is I am not even sure what our Take-Off or Time-on-target are. If we get a T/O time, I can assure you that 97 Sqn will adhere to it.

Finally, in some previous missions the absence of a particular mod has affected entry to the game.

I am just concerned that all the 'bells and whistles' will drown out the mission. I will do as I am told, as a good soldier (or, in my case, airman) should.
Image Image Image Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

"Real immersion would involve no ATC - it is too easy to be overheard." Problem solved I won't do any for 97,

"It would be easier to give everyone a timeslot. Do you have a back-up plan for when SRS plays up? I cannot remember a mission recently when there has not been problems with comms."

Rafair SOP is to use teamspeak if SRS fails, whenever I have done awacs etc in the past I have always briefed all of you I will be in teamspeak welcome channel if you have srs issues.

"As it is I am not even sure what our Take-Off or Time-on-target are. If we get a T/O time, I can assure you that 97 Sqn will adhere to it." Again, you tell me when your take off time is based on your TOT and I work any bells and whistles around that. I will remove said bells and whistles from your airfield to avoid issue.

"Finally, in some previous missions the absence of a particular mod has affected entry to the game". Yes your right, 1f requested we have the Hermes carrier a while back, and we all installed it so we could join the group missions, I genuinely don't see how this is different, if we want no mods to ensure everyone can join then are 1f are losing their Carrier and going back to the Tarawa?

"I am just concerned that all the 'bells and whistles' will drown out the mission. I will do as I am told, as a good soldier (or, in my case, airman) should." I get the feeling you will hate this and if anything goes wrong because of it will cause major issue so I will not add anything extra as said above for your flight and the AI at your target area will remain clueless AI. To me this will result in mind numbing boredom for you guys but if thats what you want I'll leave your enemy AI well alone

Duke

Post by Duke »

Frag attached, apologies for the delay
Attachments
PERSIAN_STORM_2_RAFAIR-FRAG-2.pdf
(674.07 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Duke

Post by Duke »

Please ensure miz files are back by 20:00 Friday 8th April

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Here is a download link to the C-130 mod. Discord is not required.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/252075-dc ... by-anubis/
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Duke and/or Andrew. At present we have a TOT of 14:00 - that is an hour and a half after mission start time. With a flight time to target of around 30 mins, this means that the A-10s will spend around 40-50 minutes, before we even get aboard our jets.

Given the number and nature of the targets, we are going to spend some time thinning them out. I am also concerned that the fighter cover will have gone home by the time we have finished (each A-10 will have 10-12 weapons to deliver, one by one, in a very congested space). Additionally, up to a third of the targets, either do not start or give up halfway to the attack point, extending the time we have to spend looking for them.

Would it be possible to advance our TOT by up to 15 minutes?
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”