12TH APRIL 2022 19:30 Operation Persian Storm Sortie 2

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Duke

Re: Operation Persian Storm Sortie 2

Post by Duke »

Flyco wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 10:41 Duke and/or Andrew. At present we have a TOT of 14:00 - that is an hour and a half after mission start time. With a flight time to target of around 30 mins, this means that the A-10s will spend around 40-50 minutes, before we even get aboard our jets.

Given the number and nature of the targets, we are going to spend some time thinning them out. I am also concerned that the fighter cover will have gone home by the time we have finished (each A-10 will have 10-12 weapons to deliver, one by one, in a very congested space). Additionally, up to a third of the targets, either do not start or give up halfway to the attack point, extending the time we have to spend looking for them.

Would it be possible to advance our TOT by up to 15 minutes?
Yes to advancing your tot by 15 minutes no problem, just checking but the targets I've place down for you (and 1f) are not the finished product in terms of their destination waypoint 1. I only put that to show a direction of travel on that road (and for 1f they will likely split at the intersection right by their waypoint 1).

In terms of them stopping etc they absolutely won't do that on the final mission it's likely that when I copied and pasted the template armor platoons I didn't set their speed from start to 22knts it defaulted to 11 causing issues with the armor following in to the back of the slower units.

Regarding your CAP you have a dedicated F15C fourship of AI over your AO for the entirety of the mission, there are also 8x Mirage 2000 I can re route in that direction if required. Between them and the human cap of +9 approx aircraft I don't imagine much could get through to you, unless something goes horrifically wrong, which can happen in a war I guess.

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Thanks, Duke. We will go for a TOT 15 min earlier than brief. Although, without knowing the exact location of the vehicles, that will be a bit hit or miss.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

Flyco wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 13:53 Thanks, Duke. We will go for a TOT 15 min earlier than brief. Although, without knowing the exact location of the vehicles, that will be a bit hit or miss.
All good, your TOT was to get you in best case scenario for visibility of convoys in open ground. There's plenty of leeway either side of your original TOT to find and destroy your targets (I'm not expecting 97f and 1f to be able to destroy every vehicle btw, with the way dcs damage model is thats unlikely even with a hit on every bomb, rocket or maverick)

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Is this mission being flown tonight?

Please always include the date in the title, and add details about start times, briefing times etc on the first post too. It saves guesswork.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

Neil Willis wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 17:42 Is this mission being flown tonight?

Please always include the date in the title, and add details about start times, briefing times etc on the first post too. It saves guesswork.
12th April as per mission diary. I'm concerned I need to put a start time as it's slways 19:30 lol

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: 12TH APRIL 2022 19:30 Operation Persian Storm Sortie 2

Post by Neil Willis »

Yep, a pain in the ass, but we have new people joining us all the time, and they don't know, so we always publish full details for their benefit. The easy way is to just cut and paste from the last mission.

Thanks.

Definitely count me in.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

Ok 1f and 97f the Artillery section of the convoys are being dicks and refusing to drive down a paved highway so they have changed to a mixture if APC and support vehicles that actually move when programmed too.

After 4 hours sorting them out DCS decided to crash to just for good measure so have to go in and do it all again at some point.

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

would you drive down amain road if you knew harriers and warthogs were around?? :lol:
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Apparently yes, judging by the footage I'm watching, the TB-2 isn't quite an A-10 but still pretty lethal!
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

I've tested positive for covid this morning and am struggling. I'll do my best to paste your flights onto miz file etc but if I miss something please double check on mission night as I'm not doing well at moment.

Return to “Squadron Flights”