16th August Rafair Group Mission

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Duke

16th August Rafair Group Mission

Post by Duke »

Good afternoon.

Next Group mission will be using the Syria map.

Initial details below. This mission has been built with the help of Wee Neal from 664sqn (started as his mission for Apaches) who has been hard at work creating targets and operations over Cyprus for 664 and 1F, thank you Neal!

Mission Outline:

Syrian forces have invaded Cyprus and attempting armored push north in to Turkey and South into Jordan in an attempt to cut Israel off from air and sea.

Rafair tasked with retaking Cyprus and forcing the invading forces back into Syria.

9fF based Incilirk and are tasked with engaging armored units pushing north towards the border with Turkey.

3F based Ramat David, tasked with engaging armored units pushing South towards Jordan/Southern Israel

CAW based Carrier Group Teddy Roosevelt West of Ramat David tasked with strike on helicopter base in South East Syria, and will attempt to pull enemy air away from 3f who will be operating approx 100 miles west of them

1f /664sqn based Hms Invincible with supporting Tarawa tasked with engagement of Syrian forces already landed in Cyprus that are pushing inland west towards Nicosia

Nato have moved naval assets into place to cut off Syrian forces already in Cyprus and as such Syrian air assets can not reach out over the Mediterranean or in to Turkey or Isreal due to extensive blue sam and naval coverage.

Full briefing to follow tonight with intel map
Last edited by Duke on 07 Aug 2022, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: 16th August Rafair Group Mission

Post by Flyco »

Can I fly the C-130? Then I can bring a demi-john of sherry and a large basket of fruit back with me - just like the old days. I'll even drop some paras if you have any to spare.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

On a more serious note. There was some discussion a few weeks ago about using Discord for briefings. I had got the impression that it did not have general approval and have seen no more about it. However, on Tuesday there was a discord brief available. Unfortunately when I tried to join/read it, it told me that I wasn't on the guest list - or words to that effect.

I am not a lover of Discord, but if it's use has been agreed, then some info on the Forum about how it is used would be helpful.

Not the ideal place to post this I know, but at least it will be seen here.
Image Image Image Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

Sorry quite tired tonight will update intel and briefing tomorrow

Duke

Post by Duke »

Please find attached Miz file, google brief doc and overview briefing listed on Forum

MODS ARE REQUIRED - Ze Dim' New Static Pack, Harrier Pack By BFVG (British Fighting Vehicles Group).

These are standard Rafair mod pack items so should already be installed.

Mission Outline

Mission / Server Start time 08:40 Local 11:40Z 15 minute briefing, expect to be in aircraft 11:55Z earliest point

97F - Will engage Artillery and Armor Units (In that order of priority) travelling west from Aleppo en route to the Turkish border east of Hatay.

97F - Artillery and Armor are estimated to arrive in firing range of understrength Allied Armor by 10:20 Local / 13:20Z, They must be engaged and progress halted before that time.

CAW - Will press east into Syria and engage Sayqal Helicopter Base, drawing away air cover at the same time (to allow 3F to strike armor build up at Damascus Airfield)

3F - Engage Artillery / Armor being prepared in staging area of Damascus Airfield, SA6 secondary target to allow ingress/egress under safer conditions if required

CAW must notify 3F when overflying Ramat David to allow CAW to pull enemy fighters away from 3F once over hostile territory

1F / 664Sqn will execute a pre planned attack on advancing armor and artillery units pushing west in Cyprus toward Nicosia utilizing their own AFAC for the duration of their sortie

THREATS / BLUE FORCES

Enemy Ground - Extensive long range sam coverage(SA6/3/2) low altitude ingress and egress advised, Short range Shorad (Shilka, SA8, SA15) Emplaced and Mounted AAA

Enemy Air - MIG-29A, MIG-23, F-5E (MIG-21 Replacement)

Friendly Ground - All home airfields have extensive Patriot / Rapier and short range defences,

All carrier groups have supporting destroyer and frigates with extensive sam coverage,

The entire northern and eastern portion of Mediterranean is considered no fly zone for enemy air due to blue sam network as well as the entirety of Israel and Turkey. 97F will be operating in target AO covered from Patriot / Roland / Rapier sites and Carrier Group west of Hatay.

USE IF REQUIRED

Google brief Slides https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing

Intel Miz file attached
Attachments
Intel RAFAir_Cyprus_Invasion_PH1_v1.1.miz
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 45 times

Duke

Post by Duke »

97 Sqn you will need to time your arrival to engagement of enemy ground forces precisely to avoid getting within lethal range of Aleppo's SA2 coverage. Feel free to test flight times from Incirlik to target AO, Time on Station will be at your discretion as long as targets are engaged and slowed down before 13:20 Zulu

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I am having problems with this mission. I complete my plan and save it. When I go back into the mission to amend it, it does not allow me to make changes.

Has anyone else tried to put their ac onto this mission yet?
Image Image Image Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

Flyco wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 13:27 I am having problems with this mission. I complete my plan and save it. When I go back into the mission to amend it, it does not allow me to make changes.

Has anyone else tried to put their ac onto this mission yet?
That's a new one to me. I had the mission sent to me from wee Niel and made lots of changes and saved/re flew/adjusted etc without issue. Has anyone else looked at the miz file and adjusted yet? 1f ? 3f ? CAW? 664?

Duke

Post by Duke »

Gizzy has edited CAW file and saved and re flew without issue so may be your end Flyco I'm afraid.

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

OK, it is probably me. It works originally, but when I save it and re-open it ignores the A-10s, and seems to want a new set of turning points entering. I am trying for the third time and, so far, it looks OK.

The problem is compounded by windows 11, with its ‘We know best” attitude to where files are saved. I shall probably work it out in a year or so.

One additional difficulty arises from the various range circles which cover the map. They are predominantly blue, which hide the blue track lines. I know there is a way to remove the areas, but I am reluctant to change the basic mission.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”