OPERATION RESOLUTION 11th OCT

Details Of Online Flight Nights
0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: OPERATION RESOLUTION 11th OCT

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Boos wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 12:37 Nice mission Andrew!

Enjoyed it right up 'til my game crashed. Enjoyed looking at the tacview watching everyone go off on their part of the mission.

There might have been a problem with the red carrier air. We took out two singletons but I noticed there was a aircraft left on the deck in tacview. Perhaps it didn't take off as it was supposed to?
I'll have a look, I'm afraid Red Air treads a very fine line, even when I have definitive numbers it can suddenly be overwhelming. This can be tailored more as we move a long.
As we have many ground attack aircraft flying, we are simulating the Battlefield Air interdiction phase. I am looking at how I can increase Red Air without causing too much impact on the ground interdiction planes. In this mission I did have certain zones where red air couldn't enter. I know that some of you get a lot of enjoyment from shooting the Red Air down so I will work on that for the next mission. But we'll know who to blame when it all goes wrong, it's Boos :lol: .
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Plexi wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 13:35 After Action Report: 1(F) Legion Flt.

We were a 4 ship and tasked to take out 4 Bridges and Enemy Tech and convoy of Trucks.
Took off from HMS Invincible on time but arrived at the A/O 6 minutes early so went in a hold around a lake North of the Harbour and watched some f16's doing there thing.
Rolled in from W/P 2 and headed N/E up the road towards the Bridges. Weather and them pesky Tunguskas kept us low and forced us to use a pop up attack.
On reflection probably not the best of choices as we took a hit almost immediately knocking out Legion 4 but not before he managed to get his bombs off and hit the first bridge. I was next and had two runs both hitting the bridge and railway track. Legion 2 also hit his bridge but took a hit and went into the deck in a rather spectacular show of tracer and flares. Looked great from my cockpit! Legion 3 had direct hit on his bridge as well. We were a little dismayed to see all the bridges still standing but somewhat happy that we at least inflicted some serious damaged. Myself and Legion 3 then ran back up from W/P 2 looking for Convoys x 3 and any hard tech of which we had some success. I then took a hit and slowly lost all hydraulics and control surfaces so was unable to climb above some rather tall tree's and hit them. Legion 3 made it back to Hatay after a resounding success and some splendid flying.

Was a great mission Andrew we all enjoyed it so thank you very much an exciting night's flying.
I think you definitely hit it!
1F bridge.jpg
1F bridge.jpg (56.93 KiB) Viewed 727 times
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Boos

Post by Boos »

0405 Andrew wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 13:35
Boos wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 12:37 Nice mission Andrew!

Enjoyed it right up 'til my game crashed. Enjoyed looking at the tacview watching everyone go off on their part of the mission.

There might have been a problem with the red carrier air. We took out two singletons but I noticed there was a aircraft left on the deck in tacview. Perhaps it didn't take off as it was supposed to?
I'll have a look, I'm afraid Red Air treads a very fine line, even when I have definitive numbers it can suddenly be overwhelming. This can be tailored more as we move a long.
As we have many ground attack aircraft flying, we are simulating the Battlefield Air interdiction phase. I am looking at how I can increase Red Air without causing too much impact on the ground interdiction planes. In this mission I did have certain zones where red air couldn't enter. I know that some of you get a lot of enjoyment from shooting the Red Air down so I will work on that for the next mission. But we'll know who to blame when it all goes wrong, it's Boos :lol: .
Haha :D

Yeah understood Andrew, it is a very touch and go thing. I just commented on it since it seemed to be sitting on deck in a launch position without launching. :)
Daniel callsign: 'Boos' - RAF Air UK

Sapper

Post by Sapper »

After Action Report 3(F) Sqn:

The Sqn mustered 6x jets, split into 2x flights. SEAD flt x4 and STRIKE flt x2. As has been reported by both 41(F) and 97 Sqns, the interaction at Incirlik was great to see with comms working perfectly to maintain SA. Whilst waiting for the Hornets to depart, we all tipped our hats (synchronised canopy opening and closing) to 97 Sqn before lining up on runway 05. Unfortunately Danny suffered a DC and had to play catch up en route. As warned by Andrew our T/O was delayed slightly by the magnificent spectacle of 10x Hornets taking off with very slick drills.

Once en route the SEAD flight led the formation in a slightly circuitous path for both the notional value of deception and to achieve our TOT. We descended to 200 ft in 1 mile card formation to use the headland to mask our approach from both the SA-10 and the MOSKVA. Danny caught up on approach to the IP where we all pitched up to 7000 ft. We only ever saw the SA-10 Search Radar go active and it was quickly despatched with AGM 88 HARMs. The Tracking Radar was smashed by a couple of well placed JDAMs and 2 of the SA-15s succumbed to HARMs too. JERONIMO was called on UHF 251 and acknowledged by BOAR flight. SPYKER was engaged by the SA-8 during the pop up and successfully defended against 3 incoming missiles before turning back in to launch his HARMs. MERMAN switched from SEAD to STRIKE “on the fly” and got one JDAM onto runway 17L. Danny followed up with a JDAM each for runways 17L and 17R. Both Beanie’s bombs went haywire, fell outside the airfield boundary and destroyed a haystack and a milk maid’s stool (thankfully not in use at the time).

As soon as each jet had released it’s weapons it performed a Split S and flew back off target to the North, threading the eye of the needle that was the gap in the SAM coverage. We ran away bravely at 200 feet until clear of the threat rings before climbing to recover back to Incirlik. We managed a standard Sqn recovery less Beanie who needed a direct in approach on fumes. Thanks to 41(F) Sqn for giving him the room to recover safely.

I can safely say that we all really enjoyed this mission both in its construct (well done Andrew - a masterpiece) and in its execution (well done everyone for the part you each played). Can’t wait for the next MISSION NIGHT!
“Suivez le Sapeur”

Squadron Leader Andy “Sapper” Bellingall - RAF Air UK
3(F) Sqn 2IC
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”