0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Operation Centurion

Post by 0405 Andrew »

06/12/22 Operation Centurion.
-russian-troops-.jpg
-russian-troops-.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 969 times
Situation

Russia have pushed special forces in to the mountains north of Sochi. Intel expects them to push through the mountains with well equipped mountain troops.
RAF Air are tasked to stop the push.

Coalition action
The strikes will be conducted in the Air interdiction phase of battle
A coordinated attack will be made on Russian logistics to prevent the build up of troops.

Air Interdiction.
Once Air superiority is achieved and Red Air has been pushed away from the AO, the low-level and
medium-level attacks begin. SWEEP/SEAD/Grnd Attack packages begin to attack support
infrastructure but there is still the risk of mobile SAM units that have survived. Low-level sorties to
attack bridges, railway yards, fuel storage, ammunition dumps, power stations and transformer
yards, supply routes, comms towers etc begin. Anything that degrades the enemy's ability to prolong
the conflict..

Russian forces
There are well equipped air defence units in the mountains.
Larger SAM sytems such as the SA6 have been taken out in the previous phase of battle.
Logistics centres are protected with AAA emplacements.

Server / mission timing

The server will start at 19.30 Real life time, the mission will be checked that it is running correctly. Departures will start at around 20:10 real life Approximately 40 mins after server start.
Please see FRAG for departure and TOT's.
Attachments
CENTURION RAFAIR-FRAG.pdf
(533.97 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
CENTURION.miz
(78.25 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Last edited by 0405 Andrew on 27 Nov 2022, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Duke

Re: Operation Centurion

Post by Duke »

Spoken to the docs and I'll hopefully be home late Monday or Tuesday as long as u can keep food down. No way I'll fly but I can human awacs on 251.5 if you guys want. If you don't just stay on 251.0 . Only thing I need is a blue game master slot to get comms with everyone if they want.

There will be slightly more comms between myself and 3f/CAW than some may be used to as I may gci for them. Again only if they are happy for me to do it.

I'm aware some people want to use ai awacs which is fine but be aware the ai will call a mi8 helicopter as a bogeydope if he's close to you than a Mig29 because they work on distances being highest threat when it should be unknowns speed and closure rate.

It gets lots of people killed hunting ghosts at 500ft instead of focusing on the real threat 40 miles away closing in for the kill.

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Cheers Chris, I'll keep you posted.

If we have any squadrons that want to just do Air to Air instead of ground attack, let me know and I'll change the FRAG and put some more enemy air in with Chris as GCI.

With regards to the miz timings, stick to the briefed times in the FRAG please, it looks like I have removed the 1/2 hour start-up from the published miz to show how much light there will be at start up time. I hope that makes sense.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Sorry Andrew, being a bear of very little brain, I am again confused over our start and T/O times.

A-10s only operate in Zulu - like any competent air force. Can I take it that we will have 40 minutes from the server going live before our scheduled T/O of O4:40 (Z) ?

I am also having a problem with precision weapons only. The weather in the area is not very nice and picking up targets at any sort of range is very difficult. Since we have around 32 targets to eliminate, it is going to take around an hour to use LGBs, and not much less using LGRs.

In view of the well-known precision of 97 Sqn, I propose to re-categorise retarded 500lbers as precision weapons.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Hi Alan,

No problem, I think I may have confused things.

You just need to go with the times in the FRAG.

All times are zulu apart for the one reference stating that the server will start at 19.30 UK time. Generally RAF air missions have squadrons taking off between 8pm and 8.30 pm to enable for people to get home from work. Your Take off time will be 20.20 UK REAL life time.
take off time.png
take off time.png (59.43 KiB) Viewed 931 times
On this occasion, I adjusted the miz sent out and knocked off the 1/2 hour where the server is started at 19.30. This was to enable planners to see how light it would be at take off time. I will add the 1/2 hour back in on the main miz file.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Agree, use any weapon you like.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

Please make this the briefing image 🙏 😂

I'm afraid not.

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Is this mission still on? I have seen nothing about it for a week.
Image Image Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Hi Alan,
Yes the mission is still running, I'm afraid I've had a busy weekend and will be working on the mission tonight.
I shall publish the check miz tonight when I have finished.
Cheers
Andrew
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

OK, thanks Andrew. This forum seems rather moribund at present. Are you still planning to use Team-Speak. I don't have a valid link with Discord at present.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”