F16C
7%
F/A-18C
37%
F14B
20%
Mirage 2000C
No votes
Rotary Wing/Other (Please specify in a post)
3%

Total votes: 30

Matt
Site Admin

What do you prefer to fly?

Post by Matt »

Hi all,

Just a quick question for everyone really, as you can imagine creating missions for use on squadron Tuesday nights can be a daunting task and we therefore try to make all mission in such a way as to keep everyone busy while all working to achieve a common objective, we find ourselves in a time where DCS is expanding at a rapid rate with new aircraft joining our hangers every few months almost, so like myself I imagine that most of us have plenty of aircraft to choose from, however as you can imagine that makes mission creation very difficult to try our best a keep everyone happy as we can!

But when building mission we need to look at what airframes are playable and how they can be utilized within the mission effectively, so what I am asking is to help our fine mission builders can you all specify what aircraft you are looking to fly as you "primary" steed, I am aware most of you will be F/A-18C or A10C however we have gained quite a few AV8B pilots recently and with the up and coming F16C which I'm sure will be very popular (here's looking at you Mr Ratcliffe) we don't want anybody to feel left out within missions. however I must stress we don't really want 20 flights of single types of aircraft as that's just not realistic,. but we don't want to have a group of pilots well practiced in a certain aircraft left out and having to ride shotgun with Mutley doing a Goose special in his F-14B (as we all know how well that tends to go :lol: ...only messing bud)

If everyone can please vote for your preferred aircraft in the poll (or if its not listed please post with what you prefer), so we can get an idea of how popular aircraft are and therefore what we need to look at adding in for pilots when it comes to a Tuesday night.

Obviously this is not a guarantee that all aircraft will always be available in all missions but if we know what pilots would like to primarily fly then we can look to making it a standard flightline.

I'll start this off, I tend to fly the AV8B the most and am most capable in that aircraft, I look forward to seeing the results!

Thanks again
Matt.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Re: What do you prefer to fly?

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

This is a tough one, I think at the moment definitely the A-10, but once the F-16 is released all my time might go into that one.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Its only really for a mission building side of things, the poll is made so you can change you answer that way it will be up to date for mission editors that wish to see what's currently in use by pilots, as its very hard to place all the right aircraft to try to keep everyone happy.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

rgr that, I really must learn to read the message thoroughly, before replying. :roll:
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron

Return to “General Pilot Chat”