ATC

Anything pilot related can be discussed here
Robbo

Re: ATC

Post by Robbo »

I've put together a document which lists the ATC frequencies for specific aerodromes when Human ATC is online. It also includes ground charts with taxiway designations, so you can see what ATC is referring to if they use taxiway designations within any instructions. My intention is to only use taxiway designations if necessary, as most taxi routes are self evident once the active runway is known.

Link below and added to first post in this thread
ATC Frequency Card and Ground Charts

UPDATE 17/11/2019: Due to the change to a single frequency for ATC the above document has been updated to reflect this.
Last edited by Robbo on 17 Nov 2019, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
Plt Off Ian 'Robbo' Robson
Image Image

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

I really did want to get online tonight to blow the cobwebs off ATC and give any pilots online the opportunity to practice ATC comms; however it was not to be as family festivities took priority.

I fear that the arrival of a new member of the family will mean I will also be out of the house Thursday evening, so I will most likely not be around for Training night, and to compound the issue my family and I are spending the weekend away on a short break.

If I don't get online Thu evening then Monday will be the next opportunity.

I can assure you that my weeks are not normally this hectic :D and I'm sure I'll be back to normal soon.
Image Image

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

I'm back from my weekend break so I will be online tonight (Mon 28/10) from around 1930 to open upon ATC for the first time.

The intention is to open up a couple of Tower positions in preparation for supporting the Op tomorrow night.
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Ian, is there an alternative port you can use for LotATC? The one you asked for is in use for the server browser.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Neil,

Yes, a different port can be specified in the LotATC config file and I believe any port, not already in use, would work.

I've changed the LotATC port to 10312 and restarted the server. I've confirmed in the DCS.log file that the LotATC server has started on this port, and I've connected locally, but cannot connect remotely. Is this a suitable port to use for LotATC?
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

That'll do I think Ian, I'll pass it on to our server guru out in France. Hopefully it'll be running by the weekend.

Neil
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Thanks Neil, it will definitely make the job of ATC easier.
Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Having a live atc was a cracking addition to the mission. Hopefully wel make it a regular thing
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Thanks, really appreciate the positive feedback :D
Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

I to enjoyed the live ATC even if i did fluff my replyies but i remembered my Good day to you sir and thank you when cleared to change freqs lol

Return to “General Pilot Chat”