Technical Help Required.

Anything pilot related can be discussed here
Splintered

Technical Help Required.

Post by Splintered »

Hi gang!

Question on a sounds related issue within DCS.
My sound starts off working fine in cockpit, then suddenly completely disappears mid game. Normally half an hour into a flight. So totally no sound! No in cockpit noises (engine noises) or SRS or Teamspeak chat.
I use a CV1 VR headset & a strix ROG Laptop.
Does or has anyone else on here had this same problem? Please help me to fix it as it’s infuriating half way into a co-op or multiplayer mission.
Only way I can resolve it is to do a full restart of my laptop & then it’s fine for another half hour. Then same issues again.
Please help. — looking for recommendations to resolve this recurring issue as it’s making DCS unplayable as you spend 30 minutes starting up your aircraft, load stores, inputting grid waypoints, takeoff ..... only for the sound to drop out & have to restart everything again.

Look forward to hearing any advise. I’m happy to chat on TeamSpeak if u have any advise, if that is easier for you all.
Cheers lads!

Mark RYAN
Ryan0180[RAFAIR]
Aka: Splintered

pikemanmark

Re: Technical Help Required.

Post by pikemanmark »

Hi

Have you tried reinstalling or updating the headset drivers? I had similar with my razer headset and updating the driver helped me

Kind regards

Mark

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I have had a similar problem - even had to restart during this week's mission after I lost all coms - including TeamSpeak.

I have never been able to track the source down. Now, immediately before flying an MP mission, I routinely go into the Windows sound system and disable every sound input and output other that the one I am using, which is a radio headset. The problem is not helped by MS Windows changing their Sound Control Panels every time they do an update.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Splintered

Post by Splintered »

Thanks for your advice chaps I will try the advice given & hope the problem resolved from that.
Thanks again!

John D'Arcy

Post by John D'Arcy »

HI
If i can suggest you check your usb controllers or usb hub if you have one.
In windows device manager check the properties tab for a power management tab if the box is ticked just uncheck it to stop windows turning off the usb ports to save power.

John

Splintered

Post by Splintered »

Cheers John.
I do have a usb hub for all my Hotas flight stick, throttle, rudders, mouse & VR head set.
I’ll check your advice tomorrow.
Nice one mate.
M

Return to “General Pilot Chat”