Forum Names, Teamspeak Names & Avatars

Anything pilot related can be discussed here
Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Forum Names, Teamspeak Names & Avatars

Post by Richard Rodgers »

Hi guys,

Following a meeting today with the big guns from each Squadron, it has been decided that a few changes are required that you all need to take a look at.

We have folks on here who it seems have an alter ego. This may well be fine and dandy for you, but it is causing no end of problems for the mission planners and those of us who deal with the allocation of slots for missions. We have had situations where it looked like we had large numbers for a mission only to find that three slots were allocated to someone's alter ego.

From now on, EVERYONE will have one name for both Teamspeak and the Forum. No exceptions.

For example, if your current forum name is "Big Dave" and your usual teamspeak name is "Stuart Little" chances are that everyone knows you as "Stuart Little" on a Tues night. Therefore you will need to have your Forum username changed to "Stuart Little". Simple really, but I am expecting a multitude of cockups whilst this gets changed around.

Talking of Teamspeak, could we all please use a standardised layout for our names. Please use the format below:-

Pilot ID(numbers only) / Name / [RAFAIRUK] 002 Richard Rodgers [RAFAIRUK]

Note that the [RAFAIRUK] part of your Teamspeak name is a suffix only used with Teamspeak and is not part of your Forum name.

What I need is for anyone that falls into this category, to post below with the Name that you wish to go by. I have to make forum name changes one at a time so please give me a bit of time after you have posted. Once I have edited your username I will remove your post from this thread so that you know the change has been completed. The password that you currently use will work after the name change.

Regarding the use of avatars that appear on the left block of any forum post you make, could you please go into your User Control Panel and then Profile tab. Select Edit Profile. You will now see a bunch of available Avatars. The triangle patches are for the express use of 41 Squadron and only when they have been awarded by Ade or Will so don't select these. If you are not yet assigned a front line Squadron, or at OCU and have not yet been assigned anything by Ade or Will, please choose the RAF AIR UK logo. Once you are on a Squadron you can then use their crest unless told otherwise.

Please check that your's is up to date.

Any questions please ask.
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

john (scooby)

Re: Forum Names, Teamspeak Names & Avatars

Post by john (scooby) »

Is it possible tomchange your ingame name? I have no idea what mine even is :lol:
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

This is done quite easily.

On the multiplayer server page of dcs, look to the top right, there you will see your name and a pencil icon. Click the pencil to edit.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

john (scooby) wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 06:57 Is it possible tomchange your ingame name? I have no idea what mine even is :lol:
You change your in game name on the mutiplayer server screen.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Just been drawn to this after reading Crowebar's guide to getting started with 892 squadron.

Richards Post should still apply to old and new. I think we're almost sorted but not quite.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Danny
Site Admin

Post by Danny »

Must've missed the invite for that meeting :?

It's been an admin instruction for 3(F) for a while now so no worries
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

That meeting was Feb last year 2020.

But I suppose it would be good if new members were made aware of this, but I do think that new members are following it anyway.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “General Pilot Chat”