Joining Server 3

Anything pilot related can be discussed here
Plexi

Joining Server 3

Post by Plexi »

I booked Server 3 for a training flight and when I went to join I see 664 was running on server 3 and Shaggy was in there. He kindly dropped out after I had a quick chat on T/S with him. When I went to join his 664 to load up our mission I couldn't. It was greyed out and said I needed the mod UH-60L. This has obviously just been added but as I never had this mod, in fact never even knew it existed, I was a bit miffed that I had to go searching for this and install it before I could even get on his 664 to change the server 3 over to our booked session. As it was, the guys I had booked this server for dropped of as it took awhile to find, install and get sorted. It was a waste of time tonight and needn't had been this way if bookings were taken note of and the server was loaded back up with the generic mission. I am not pointing fingers at any one as like I said Shaggy was kind enough to leave the server. The point I would like to make is, is it possible for there to be notice written up to say if someone has added a mod for their Squadron/Session in the Dedicate Flight Server area of this forum so this can be checked ahead of time and the necessary corrections be made rather than finding out minutes before someone else goes to load their booked mission. I will never be using this mod but, now as 664 seem to be always on this server at any given time I have to keep this or I can not change the server.
Squadron Leader
Peter "Plexi" Sumner
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn

ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Quote: 'A superior Pilot may be defined as one who stays out of trouble by using his superior judgement to avoid situations which might require the use of his superior skill'

Chris

Re: Joining Server 3

Post by Chris »

A valid point Plexi.

UH60 is not a RAFAIR standard MOD maybe there is a case to have in included, dunno.... Matt looks after MODs now.

Although not my responsibility I will go in and change the default on server 3 to a standard map. It can be changed by SLMOD. If this steps on any one toes who set it up firstly, I apologise. This should help you in the short term. I suggest you speak to Matt for a permanent solution. In all truth someone probably set it to 664 trg on the server side config not realising that is will default to this on each machine restart.

I was writing a new GizzApp to allow anyone to change the majority of missions but abandoned it along with other community projects when the RAFAIR Discord community project stalled at the first hurdle.

Saying that I selfishly adapted server 4's miz to allow just this with Syria / Sa / NNTR and 892TRG map with a 4hr return to default if guys forget to return it themselves.
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Chris

Post by Chris »

Default server 3 changed temporarily to Caucasus IFR. I had considered NNTR All ranges but not sure how many have this now and it can be started by Server 4 radio menu.

SQN leads should get together and decide what is wanted as defaults.
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Plexi

Post by Plexi »

Thanks Chris, It wasn't normally a problem until this UH-60L was added to 664. Before that I could just go on their server and change it with out any issues. Matt is away for a few weeks so once he is back I will have a word with him.
Squadron Leader
Peter "Plexi" Sumner
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn

ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Quote: 'A superior Pilot may be defined as one who stays out of trouble by using his superior judgement to avoid situations which might require the use of his superior skill'

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Hi guys, apologies about this, we had the mod put on in prep for a joint RAF Air and JSW mission organised by Duke which was a HELO only mission.

Plexi, im always on TS most evenings, so if you ever get a similar issue then you can reach out and I can jump on and change the mission, I should of reset it to the default before I left.

sorry for the need to faff around.
Captain Simon "SHAGGY" Jones
RAF AIR UK - 664 Sqn 2ND IC and Instructor
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Sorry Plexi, this was my error. I have removed the Blackhawk to avoid any further issues.
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Plexi

Post by Plexi »

Thanks guys, these things happen eh. We managed to get it sorted in the end and that's all that matters. Done and dusted now. :)
Squadron Leader
Peter "Plexi" Sumner
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn

ImageImage

ImageImageImage

Return to “General Pilot Chat”