Changes

Anything pilot related can be discussed here
Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Changes

Post by Richard Rodgers »

Evening one and all,

Way back in 2013 I started RAF Air UK with a good friend of mine. He unfortunately no longer uses flight sims, more interested in iRacing.

After much soul searching, I have decided to take a step back from running this group so that I have more time for my other hobbies, Golf and trainee fireman on local heritage steam railway, that seem to be taking up more of my time. I will not be simply walking away as will still fly with the guys.

Matt Purnell, who has bee a member since 2016 will be my successor and so will take on the job of steering the ship from now on. Please can you all congratulate him and give him whatever help and support he requires.

Thank you all for the past nine years. It has been an absolute blast.

Richard
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Changes

Post by Flyco »

Thanks, Richard for all your time, effort, and leadership over the past few years.

Matt has a difficult task ahead, but I do believe that he has what it takes to keep RAFAirUK on the right track.

Hope to still see you around for a while,yet.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

Thankyou Richard for all your hard work with Rafair. Time to enjoy just flying now amongst your other hobbies. See you soon, and congratulations to Matt!

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks guys, please let me know anything i can do for you all and your squadrons moving forward!

And much like i have mentioned to you Richard, it will be an honour carrying on your great work pal, you have done a grand job doing all of the hard work to get us here and i hope i can do you all justice on the road ahead!
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Thankyou Richard for creating such a great community and congratulations to Matt for stepping up and keeping it going!
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Roon
Site Admin

Post by Roon »

Our thanks to you Richard, for creating RAFAIR - I think it's in safe hands and Matt has our full support. Very happy that you will still be around, take it easy matey!
Sometimes stuff is supposed to fall off....sometimes not.
I still can't be sure which... :?

Officer Commanding F18 OCU
Wing Commander Ade Rhoney - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image

Return to “General Pilot Chat”