Callsigns

Anything pilot related can be discussed here
Danny

Callsigns

Post by Danny »

Can all pilots edit their callsigns for both teamspeak and in-game, as follows:-

ID number, name, [RAFAIR UK] for example

23 Danny [RAFAIR UK]

Simon.Collier

Re: Callsigns

Post by Simon.Collier »

wilco

Dave Demontis

Post by Dave Demontis »

All done.

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

All sorted Danny
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Now we are settling into permanent flight positions, we can have individual aircraft, with pilot names on the side of the cockpit. This has been done for 97 Squadron and 74 Squadron A-10Cs already, so can you please check the sides of your aircraft to check it reads as it should.

In addition, we can all now adopt call signs - for example Paul R uses "Dragon", and "Silk Worm" seems to be the current call sign of choice for Richard. It isn't easy settling on suitable call signs, but if anyone has any suggestions or preferences, can you please post them here.

Also, we have had one or two requests for personalised nose art. This is an area we are happy to indulge pilots, as long as their choice is not politically incorrect (We have a no expletive, no controversy policy at RAF Air). If you have some artwork, you can contact me, and I will get you to e-mail it to me. I can handle any format, but it should of course be of a reasonable quality.

The aircraft are currently draft items, and will require re-downloading once we have settled on a final finished aircraft for everyone. This may take a while to achieve of course, but in the interim, all pilots flying regularly, who have completed their check ride successfully will have their own liveries for all airframes we fly on a regular basis in all the colour schemes we use.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

More than happy with 'Silk Worm'
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Geordie

Post by Geordie »

On the topic of adapting callsigns, as in the real world I belive pilot's get theirs given to them as they go through training.
So I think it would be pretty cool that once I've earned my wings or at least passed my check flight and done a few missions together; The old hands here take 5 minutes and decide on one for me ;)

As for the nose art, for those capable, can we do it ourselves working from a basic RAFAIR template and then have that finished version checked by staff before it is included.
I think you might otherwise get a fair bit of work on your hands Niel?
Just a thought

Regards Geordie

fly_george

Post by fly_george »

call signs sound awesome but we should definitely have everyone else choose them for us, i already know id end up with something like "teenager" or "millennial"
'paddles contact'

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

If everyone is happy with regular updates of their liveries, we can let the call signs evolve over time, and add nose art as and when they are sorted too.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Geordie

Post by Geordie »

looks for thumbs up icon...

Return to “General Pilot Chat”