Decent quality switches for F18 UFC panel build.

Post Your Hints & Tips Here
Oscar Victor 11

Decent quality switches for F18 UFC panel build.

Post by Oscar Victor 11 »

Just curious............any 'panel ' builders on here at all?. Need advice on good/well made switches, preferably from personal use. Bob

Oscar Victor 11

Re: Decent quality switches for F18 UFC panel build.

I've decided to expand upon my F18 Panel idea a little and occasionally post updates/photos on progress. It might be of interest to other RAFAIR users and possibly generate a few ideas. Probably like some of yourselves I find the 'look down for mouse' and click whichever switch you need is less than ideal, its distracting and more complicated than it needs to be, plus, if you spend a lot of time 420/200' in less than ideal weather, mission time can be very short lived. As I started to explore the possibility of building something myself I quickly realised that the physical construction was within my very limited technical scope and a button board, in effect, is not complicated with most components costing from 50p to a couple of quid, along with simple soldering skills and kit. So, just in case you're interested any of this, please feel free to join in. I'll post up images very shortly.

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

i used these, a little bit small but quality is solid, they do 2 way 3 way versions aswell. probably more than that.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Mini-Toggl ... 2749.l2649
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Oscar Victor 11

It might also be an idea to include common switch/button issues with the Thrustmaster Warthog kit, or any other of the common joystick manufacturers. I've recently rebuild my comm's 4 hat switch, (left thumb), without any real problems and have replaced the left pinky light switch. All of the 'left thumb' switches seem to be in various stages of early breakdown and might be a bit more difficult to replace. Just to mention the Canadian guy on ebay that advertises repairs to 'the bricked throttle' motherboard issue, he made a good job of my spare and it only took 2 weeks and was a lot cheaper than a new one.

Bob

Return to “Hints and Tips”