Deleting FXO and Metashaders

Post Your Hints & Tips Here
Shaggy

Deleting FXO and Metashaders

Post by Shaggy »

It is recommended to maintain optimum performance in game by deleteing FXO and Metashader files after each update. It makes a massive difference for me.

For those of you that may not know how to do this, i will provide some basic guidance where to look below. You will also find that after deleting these files, for the 1st time of reloading planes and maps in game, the loading screen may take longer as DCS creates the latest up to date shaders and FXO files.

If this is the first time you have ever attempted this, its always best to not delete your rubbish bin or save the folders elsewhere to be safe.

FXO and Meta shaders location:
C drive: / USER / Saved Games / DCS /
Here you will find the 2 folders named FOX and Metashaders2. Delete both of these

Terrain Metashaders location: This depends if you have standalone version or Steam, i have Steam so i will give guidance for that below, but for those of you that have added downloadable user files you will know where to look

Hardrive you store the core of DCS on ie: G Drive / steam library / steam apps / common / DCS World / Mods / terrains / Map name you have installed / misc / metacahe / dcs

DELETE the dcs folder here
Captain Simon "SHAGGY" Jones
RAF AIR UK - 664 Sqn 2ND IC and Instructor
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Deleting FXO and Metashaders

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Cheers I'll try that.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead