STEAM VR &/or WMR ENHANCED GIZMOs VR KNEEBOARD

Post Your Hints & Tips Here
Chris

STEAM VR &/or WMR ENHANCED GIZMOs VR KNEEBOARD

Post by Chris »

VR Kneeboard by 'AMVI_Rider'

ED Forum https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/211308-vr ... k-support/

This was designed to be used in the VR environment where accessing paper and taking notes is annoying to impossible.
It creates a highly configurable VR overlay that can be placed and sized at will. When focused (looked at) the kneeboard can change its transparency and size to increase readability. You can have 2 kneeboards if you want, one for each knee, size, angle, position each independently and when you look at it a littler closer it automatically goes to a larger size (configurable) , great for maps etc... Profiles are supported

I have been using this for some time now and the latest version works an absolute treat.... YMMV

Each kneeboard is divided in tabs that can be created at will. Each tab can contain
  • an imported PDF (useful for charts, frequency tables, briefings, etc.)
  • an empty Notes tab, single or multiple pages per tab is supported
    if you have a tablet the PDF and Notes can be used with a pen (digitizer or pen tablet) to take notes either on existing documents or on the bank sheet.
  • images
  • auto loading of 'SCRATCHPAD' text files
  • autoloading of Mission Briefing text
  • Folders of images
Scrolling and zooming are controlled by gestures or physical tablet buttons or controller buttons or keyboard combinations that of you OR Voice Attack can use.....

Me, I bought a Huion Inspiroy H640P Tablet https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Huion+Insp ... nb_sb_noss for around £30. Use the pen mostly for notes pre-flight in the briefing, in game there is a slight lag when writing.

I map all the controls I want to hard switches ... without any noticeable fps drop... but then I run 64GB high speed RAM.

As standard profile I use just one kneeboard, with tabs for Notes / DCS Mission / Scratchpad / Carrier Case 1,2&3 procedures / F18C aides / Controller Aides. Mission specific stuff I throw in a folder and add that just before starting the mission. Hard switches control on/off / page scroll / tab select / brightness but of course there are other options like Tablet buttons, VA etc...
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Return to “Hints and Tips”