Mission Radio Presets

All you need to know about the Hog!
mightyseaking

Mission Radio Presets

Post by mightyseaking »

For the past few days I have been reading a lot of RAF Air UK Documents, trying to take some of the information in and at the same time doing a few mods to my pit.

Downloaded and printed out the frequency cards and stuck them in the MFD's. I got thinking is there a way in which the presets can be pre-programmed into the aircraft.

Now I dont know if the mission builders here already know this information so excuse me for stepping on toes , but I found out there is a way.
I have created the 2 lua files required and put them in the correctly named folders with comments

The Attached file is the the presets that need to be included in the .miz file.

Download the attachment and unzip it you should see 2 folders VHF_AM_RADIO & UHF_RADIO
Open up the .miz file with winrar (thats what I use winzip may work) and copy the 2 folders into the .miz file

The original explanation was found here
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=85694&page=3

Hope it helps
Cheers
Lee
Presets.zip
Frequency Presets
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

Teddy

Re: Mission Radio Presets

Post by Teddy »

Lee, that's very useful, we seem to have started slipping from using pre-sets in our aircraft. The issue is we use other people missions and don't want to go and fiddle with the mission settings (I think, I haven't got involved in mission deisgn yet).

David, I don't know if your Gori mission uses radio presets already but it would be great if it could, then we could keep up to date with our SOP's on radio, which seems to have slipped recently?

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Nice work.

The reason we stopped using pre-sets for a while was that there was a bug in the system that meant the pre-sets didn't work properly. I have always found it just as easy to dial in frequencies manually, but I presume the real world approach is to use pre-sets as a rule.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

mightyseaking

Post by mightyseaking »

Hi Teddy,
Understandable not wanting to "fiddle" with mission files, these files play no part in the triggers, aircraft or anything in the mission itself it merely adds presets to the aircraft.
It would be useful to know if it actually works though :lol: as I have yet to install the Aries software. I have a few questions on that.

Neil,
Yesterdays mod to the pit was the addition of Saitek radio panels to Dial in frequencies, and the switch panel for commonly used switches.

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Teddy wrote:Lee, that's very useful, we seem to have started slipping from using pre-sets in our aircraft. The issue is we use other people missions and don't want to go and fiddle with the mission settings (I think, I haven't got involved in mission deisgn yet).

David, I don't know if your Gori mission uses radio presets already but it would be great if it could, then we could keep up to date with our SOP's on radio, which seems to have slipped recently?
I can have a look at putting preset's in the Gori .miz.
Althou I don't think it's the lack of presets messing with our adherence with radio SOP's. I think it's a lack of dedicated controllers. And working LoTAC / GossipBox.
I think we should consider adapting 132:nd's thinking of having ground and twr on decimals of the default airport VHF, that system tie's in to all the existing documentation on kneeboards etc. (and could easily be adhered to without controllers)

Problem with preset's is that it's only on the UHF you can verify that the preset is using the correct channel? (A10c)
/d

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Yes, agreed, we can definitely adopt the decimal 100 for the ground controller, decimal 200 for the tower and decimal 300 for the approach controller on the standard airstrip frequencies. There will always be a shortage of ATC operators I think though.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “A-10C Warthog - ED”