SCAR one.

Post All Your Missions Here
David Lindau

Re: SCAR one.

Post by David Lindau »

Teddy wrote:Another idea maybe please can you put 1x infantry JTAC on top of the Control Tower so that the ATC can be based in the Control Tower in first person view? I don't even know if this is possible.
Infantry JTAC = MANPAD I think.
So probably not the best idea for public server :D

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Thanks for relying Keith looks like my requests have already been done. Would love to get the 476th range targets out on the ground as well but they aren't urgent.

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Chilts wrote:
Teddy wrote:David, Keith,

Couple of ideas for the next iteration for this great mission.

-Can we get a target range nearby so people could train on the server, especially when it is just a normal public day. .
Did that already on my version - it was at MQ10 - also had areas to train South East with stuff that could fire back (mainly for A-10C Mav/LGB practice) - Not sure what's happened to those areas now though...
...plus had a FARP nearby so transit to training range wasn't too far for Mi-8 weapons practice
MQ11 is still there, so are the other places but deactivated in 15.
Frap died. Together with the crazy Tornado that cocked up the tanker.

Good idea's all around, but I still need to lay down the law about what is doable in it's current format.
You (i don't know how) cannot trigger static objects, buildings e.t.c. (so none of that in kill-boxes).
Need to separate the different killbox brief's in a separate document to copy/paste when activating de-activating boxes.
Clear instructions on how to name ambiance unit's e.t.c. (or it will fall apart as it did with tornado/tanker.)
Sooner or later the mission file will go tit's up I'm sure. I'm just trying to make sure it's later ;).

Alan I'm at work and don't have access to mission file or the server at the moment.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Server restarted.

Make sure you have DCS World 1.5.1 installed ready for tonight. It was released at the weekend.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Chilts

Post by Chilts »

Teddy wrote:Thanks for relying Keith looks like my requests have already been done. Would love to get the 476th range targets out on the ground as well but they aren't urgent.
Just found this:

You can't do it in the files as far as I know. However,you can place the camera angle with another view (F2, F7, etc) and press Ctrl+F11. You will now get the F11 view in the location your camera was last in. From there, use / and * to move back/forward, mouse, #pad, etc to move it around, Shift+J to shake, Ctrl+* to zoom, and Del on the #pad to padlock.

Haven't tested it yet though.

Danny

Post by Danny »

Yeah that does work Keith, that's how I've done it when lotatc was working

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Other ideas to improve this already great mission.

-Add some turbulence, found this the other day in the ME and love it. It makes all flying much more challenging. Setting around 30 are quite fun.
-Make as many aircraft and ground troops as possible UK rather than USA, just a pride thing. Are there Landrovers for example. Can we change the HUMVEEs to Landrovers for example? I think the KA-50s are German though so maybe they shouldn't be British.
-Little more ambient AI aircraft (not massively important).

Thanks,

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Teddy wrote:Other ideas to improve this already great mission.

-Add some turbulence, found this the other day in the ME and love it. It makes all flying much more challenging. Setting around 30 are quite fun.
-Make as many aircraft and ground troops as possible UK rather than USA, just a pride thing. Are there Landrovers for example. Can we change the HUMVEEs to Landrovers for example? I think the KA-50s are German though so maybe they shouldn't be British.
-Little more ambient AI aircraft (not massively important).

Thanks,
Does turbulence work on top of dynamic weather?
As for landrovers e.t.c. check the ME, and if you find something interesting give a shout.
British A/C usually have crappy default skins, hence other nations are used. (12 of out 16 A10C's have 74SQD skin's, meaning they get the shapeshifting default skins for public players)
More ambiance? this from they guy who caused me getting a KC135 up my ass last night :shock: .
/D

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

I'll have a look for British things. Not sure about it working with Dynamic Weather but it would be great if it did, I love it!

And it was your fault that you got hit, you left the computer. I was screaming at you to move, I got out the way! :D

Chilts

Post by Chilts »

Teddy wrote:I'll have a look for British things. Not sure about it working with Dynamic Weather but it would be great if it did, I love it!

And it was your fault that you got hit, you left the computer. I was screaming at you to move, I got out the way! :D
Nah, probably ATC's fault......it's always our fault! :)

Return to “Missions”