Post by Neil Willis »

We like a challenge, and a good pucker!
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Caucasus Generic Mission

Post by Matt »

Just fixed a few little bugs with this mission, added a pair ofAJS-37's as they have been requested by some members and also credited Alexax for his LSO AI script in the briefing page.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Leysard

Post by Leysard »

Would it be possible to add refueling and rearming and FARP London ?

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It should be already, I'll double check though, makes sure you plugged in the correct frequency as it had worked for me when we flew last.

But I'll check in a bit bud.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I just jumped on the server in to the Huey at FARP London and managed to refuel without issue (doors open and no radios set) so seems to be working fine buddy.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Looking in to the recent edits to this mission, when editing a tanker mainly the KC-135 MPRS to edit its altitude and airspeed you need to do so for all of the aircrafts waypoints along with its orbit information, this explains why it has been dropping to 18000ft and a speed on 160KIAS.

This has been rectified, the tanker now sits at 35000ft on a west to east racetrack pattern north of Kutaisi at 260IAS.

Is the KC-130 "Shell" needed in the mission, no problem if you guys want it, I'm just thinking about numbers of AI.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Matt, I have just seen your above post, having myself been making a few changes to the generic mission even as you were doing so. Do not Panic!! - I have saved it to the Dropbox under new title -- "Generic Caucasus Trg Updtd.miz".

Changes I made to the earlier one (i.e before you made your changes) are:

Reset Tankers as follows:
Texaco KC-135MPRS FL 180; 248 kias; set to invisible (to stop red ac attacking it)
Arco KC-130 FL 240; 197 kias;
Shell KC-135 FL 200; 218 kias.
(I would have thought that it would be a bit touchy up at 35,000 ft - can you comfortably hold 260 kias with a full weapons load and tanks - even empty ones.)

I have also given all the F-18s a single waypoint (WP1), located at the present BullsEye and titled "Bulls", so as to allow F/A18s to use Picture and Bogey Dope info from AWACs.

Incidentally, I checked that all three Tanker worked OK and they all gave me fuel.
The KC-130 was bit wallowy at 197 kias, but it will not accept a higher speed at that height.
Amazingly the KC-135 actually shoved its boom into my probe and gave me fuel - I nearly fell off my chair, but it's a lot easier than trying to hit he basket yourself!!

Finally I added a bit more info to the brief. (Tanker speeds, and Carrier BRC for example.)

Sorry about crossed threads but at least you have 2 options to choose from.

We should also 'prune' that Dropbox radically. I will remove all my outdated and superseded missions (I have backups if required).
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Matt, Further to my above comment about the KC-135 at 35,000 ft and 260 kias, I gave it a try with an FA-18 with a full load of missiles and a single empty centre tank and I found it quite difficult. I had to use burner to catch it, and found that, when I was ready to tank, I was continually hitting the afterburner stop to hold the speed. I suggest dropping it to 30,000 ft and the speed to around 250 kias (that’s about 400 TAS, in the ME settings).
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sorry Alan I missed this message, good observation I will get on it today.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi all, Latest version of the mission is up, no real changes of note, some enemy aircraft have changed in type/numbers and routes are also a little different so you don't get too used to them! I have also removed some static scenery and replace with others in different locations or changed types (mainly Batumi port is currently bustling with ships for you to have a look at)

Kutaisi is currently hosting some polish Mig29 and Mig21's along with some US F-16C block 52's.

currant METAR for our server is: 35006KT 6000 FG OVC068 14 Q29.86 (to translate 06 knot winds from the north, light fog and overcast at 6800ft temp 14 degrees QFE29.86)

from now on I will post weather updates anytime the server weather changes

Be aware the range at the Kobuleti disused airfield is currant setup to return fire with small arms so please plan your attacks accordingly.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Generic Server Missions”