Caucasus Generic Mission

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Caucasus Generic Mission

Post by Matt »

haha I only moved them around to make things more of a squeeze for taxiing, I can move them back if its too much of a pain.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

No, it was just me being lazy. Since it was just a quick local, unopposed flip around, I didn’t bother with my Track-IR, and was a bit concerned at clipping them. When I look properly there is room.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I must admit I did try to leave as much room as possible, and can confirm there is enough room to taxi a tomcat on to cat 1, I tested prior to commitment.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

A quick update on the newest version of the mission currently running on the server:

*Mission is now capable of running 72 hours completely unaided

*I have removed the distance respawning triggers on the range at the disused south of Kobuleti, now all targetry will respawn once every 12 hours (removing the bug where targets will be destroyed then respawn straight after) although timings for the respawns will change dependant on request.

*Anyone who hasn't noticed all tanker aircraft will actually come back to base and refuel after around 2/2.30 hours of orbit time to add a little realism (ande anyone tanking ta the right time will now see the AWACS using the tankers too!

* Added a pair opf Mig 19P due to a request from Neil

*F14B and AV8B default skins gave been changed on request to a third party fleet air arm NAS 801 skin (I am in the progress of making a skin pack for all server default skins....however if you don't install them its no issue you aircraft will just be in the nations default skin anyway)

*Currently testing a potential fix for carrier tacan turning off after a few hours (if anyone notices it off from now on please let me know)

* All AI aircraft will respawn back on the ground every 12 hours to make the mission reset (0800Z and 2000Z each day)
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Excellent, thanks Matt.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi guys,

A mini update, I have now preloaded your aircraft kneeboards with the target pack I released a few months ago as shown below, I feel this makes the mission very much more VR friendly so you can get locations without having to take the facepiece on and off top input grid information and it will hopefully just make things easier to know where the enemy are.

(to access kneeboard ingame is RShift +K, and to change pages is the [ or ] keys)

These pages give a quick brief on all hostile ground target locations and a suggested loadout and average sortie times. I hope this will keep you all busy on the server.

Let me know what you think!

Matt.
dfgdsfgdsfg.jpg
dfgdsfgdsfg.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 3648 times
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

If I drop you a link later to some f14 raf skins could you put them in the mission like you did with the navy skin please fella? They look great
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

there is no need buddy, as long as you have them installed there isn't really much need to stick them on the mission as you can assess all your skins regardless, all I can do is preselect the skin on the aircraft initially.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Nobody else can see them though lol
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

But no one see's them if they haven't got them installed on their own machine anyway, installing on the server doesn't change that, if the other player doesn't have them on their machine then they will only see you in a default skin regardless of what the server has installed as the initial skin.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Generic Server Missions”