Caucasus Generic Mission

john (scooby)

Re: Caucasus Generic Mission

Post by john (scooby) »

Galm99 wrote:But no one see's them if they haven't got them installed on their own machine anyway, installing on the server doesn't change that, if the other player doesn't have them on their machine then they will only see you in a default skin regardless of what the server has installed as the initial skin.
ah ok, i thought thats the reason you put them on the server, my bad.
the cat looks lovely in raf schemes btw
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi all, I will be changing the respawn slightly for all red ground units, instead of the current trigger which respawn once you get within a certain distance, I will be changing to a time based respawn (every 2 hours in game all ground units will respawn)

This way you can make multiple runs on a target within the 2 hours and nothing should magically respawn!
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Added two extra F/A-18C's to the Stennis and added a waypoint for Kobuleti disused to the AV8B group (which works around a currant MP bug where an AV8B flight with no waypoints will not be able to add any additional waypoints....tested and now all harriers can add waypoints manually)

in addition afew minor scenic changes around Kutaisi.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Update!

The black sea is no longer a safe place, Intel is led us to believe a Russian strike group have entered the AO comprising of cruisers, destroyers, frigates the Admiral and a nuclear submarine!

Their currant position is unknown however we expect them to stay within 75nm of the coast and within Russian waters, they pose an immediate threat to our on going operations within the area.

Out!
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Time to polish up our Harpoon skills methinks!

However, I am not sure I like these stand-off Harpoon, HARM, and JSOWs. Seems a bit "un-British" not to see the white of one's enemies eyes.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Slight change to tankers on the server

Shell has been changed from a KC130 TO A KC135 at 300kias at 20000ft to facilitate the new F16's while leaving arco for the A10's

Texaco (KC135 MPRS) has been lowered from 25000ft to 20000ft and had a slight speed increase to 290kias as a result, therefore F18C and Av8B will be able to refuel with ease as the harrier doesn't like anything too high.

This way everything should be able to refuel without having to add a new tanker just for F16's and only by editing what was currently available.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Slight update, F14's now have saved INS to speed up their alignment process.

Also I have added a "carrier landing practice area" which can be used to practice carrier approaches on dry land without the risk of meeting davy jones too soon!, the iso containers mark out the exact distance of the angled deck of the USS Stennis and the flagged tires are measured out to the exact distance of each arrestor cable. (See below for reference and location)

I have removed the Refinery strike mission for now as it includes a lot of AI and I have never seen it actually used therefore adding to mission stability, however that being said you may see from time to time flights of AI aircraft using the airfields and heading off on their own missions during your flights, this is merely a "test" to try and add some life to the AO. (Keep your eyes peeled of approach/when joining the active, a good lookout will save the AI or yourselves having a go around!) so far this is limited to a pair of RAF Tornado's conducting strikes on top insurgent territory and a lone CH47 Chinook doing some low level training at 500ft AGL.

Screen_191011_220007.png
Screen_191011_220007.png (737.18 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
Screen_191011_215927.png
Screen_191011_215927.png (11.73 MiB) Viewed 2951 times
N 42 15 58
E 042 39 15
Elev 459
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

thats a cracking idea for ocu carrier training
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

**Important info**

All enemy RED Air will actively engage fighter aircraft that get within 50nm of their flight.... everyone told me it was too easy, well lucky for you guys I think I've found a way that will make them fully hostile but only within a certain distance of their position, and they will only engage fighter aircraft so the tankers/bombers should all be safe. the danger area is within 50nm of the red A/C so from the border north.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Matt wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 15:00 **Important info**

All enemy RED Air will actively engage fighter aircraft that get within 50nm of their flight.... everyone told me it was too easy, well lucky for you guys I think I've found a way that will make them fully hostile but only within a certain distance of their position, and they will only engage fighter aircraft so the tankers/bombers should all be safe. the danger area is within 50nm of the red A/C so from the border north.
You Cunning Devil you

Return to “Generic Server Missions”