Operation Badgers Strike

Post All Your Missions Here
Matt
Site Admin

Operation Badgers Strike

Post by Matt »

I have created a mission "Operation Badgers Strike" loosely based on a squadron tank assault on to the town of Kvahvreli, so far it will seat 8 A10C and 4 Mirage 2000C's if required, currently the mission lasts around 1 hour 30mins, but that is with all 12 aircraft and immediate startup and take off, so I predict it will last longer with actual players occupying the slots. I just wanted to create a mission involving Challenger 2 really :lol: seems to be working well so far in testing.

There is air defences around Gori as that covers Kvahvreli quite nicely, due to the speed of the ground forces they will start to move from the FUP as soon as the mission starts but they take around 20-25 mins to get target end.

All squadron aircraft start on the deck at Kobuleti.

Brief
Insurgents have taken control of Kvahvreli west of Gori in the Khashuri gap, Badger squadron of the Royal Tank Regiment are preparing to assault the town to free it from insurgent occupation.

You are to assist Badger squadron (Callsign Tango plus their squadron callsign i.e Tango 40) they will be in contact with you during the assault (you will be callsign Warthog for contact with the Tanks) by destroying the enemy artillery site and forward recce screen to aid their advance, after they begin their assault you are to assist as possible. 1 troop will provide intimate support for a troop of Warrior IFV's assaulting the town. Meanwhile 2 troop Badger squadron will prove an FSG south of Kvahvreli looking north. Once Badger squadron begin their assault on the town (point "A" on the sketch map) "No Fire Zone Alpha" will be in effect, this means you are completely weapons restricted on any targets within the town.
Badgers Strike Sketch Map.png
Badgers Strike Sketch Map.png (2.75 MiB) Viewed 6844 times
This is a civilian town so only precision munitions are permitted in the area surrounding the town however in a BDA will assess 0% of civilian or structural damage you are permitted to use any weapon at your disposal.

Boar flight, you are tasked with destroying the enemy artillery site located at GRID 38T MM 32607 47878 and then move to destroy the enemy recce screen west of Kvahvreli GRID 38T MM 38249 42765, once this is destroyed you are to continue to provide over watch and assist Badger on their mission.

Hog flight, your task is to destroy the enemy convoy north of Kvahvreli GRID 38T MM 36720 57726, the convoy consists of an unknown number of enemy armoured recce vehicles and tanks pushing from north to south heading towards Kvahvreli using the roads.

Friendly KC-135 will be on station from 0916hrs Zulu callsign "Texaco" 251.000Mhz Tacan 55Y

A JTAC Huey is available airborne at Badger squadrons FUP if required.
Last edited by Matt on 10 May 2017, 19:46, edited 3 times in total.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Operation Badgers Strike

Post by Flyco »

Looks good, Matt. If you are happy to brief, we could try that on Tuesday. I suggest you lead, and that we omit the Mirages for the first run through, unless there is any fighter opposition

Can you load it to the Server, or e-mail it to me and I will load it.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sadly I am still working away until the 28th, so I suggest I take the time to polish the mission over the next few weeks before flying it as a squadron night to ensure it all works correctly.

I agree with omitting the mirages until we fly with just the A10C, there is enemy CAS but I have set the mission up so they only spawn if the mirage 2000Cs take off, so it will function perfectly well with just A10's.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Sounds fair. I also like to fly a new mission a few times just to 'polish' it, as you put it. it's also very useful to spawn the enemy fighter's only if we have cover.

Talk to you you when you return.
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Exactly my thinking, I have a pair of AH64D's (equip with 16x Hellfires) which can be called in using the radio menu, just if required to ensure the mission can cater for a single flight of A10C's as this is based of a mission I conducted during my time in Badger squadron, you go in and assault a town and have to hold against superior numbers initially, and just to top it off an enemy tank battalion enters the AO to try to push you back. but you gain AH support by that time to help drive them back.

(the AH64's via the radio menu are just a fail safe incase we struggle with a single flight, they are a separate flight which can be tasked one time only if in dire need)
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Good evening all, I have just completed a new update to this mission, It has been working well during testing with myself and AI, and I feel all that is left is to get this flown with player aircraft to really see how it does.

And see if we spot any area's for change or bugs that require rectifying.

I have added in voice comms with Badger squadron OC he will be in contact with you as callsign Tango 0B, he will use callsign Warthog to establish communications with your aircraft and will update you on the progress of the operation and give you any tasking's on intel he receives. (I have left the written briefs up as well for the time being, incase the sound fails)
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Shall we run this tomorrow night then Matt?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I've downloaded the revised mission, and on a quick look through it seems very well thought out and quite exciting. I would certainly have thought it was worth a try out on Tuesday, if Matt is available. I suggest we don't fly it unless Matt can make it, then he can collect the laurels or brickbats as appropriate.

For a first run, I would have thought we might 'ground' the enemy air, unless that is going to screw it up. We have quite a few new guys showing up at present, and, as we saw with Northern Clout, the A-10s are a bit shaky against enemy fighters (Why are the red AI always much sharper than the Blue AI? - or is it just that the blue live players are worse than we thought?)

I am out this evening, but will try and fly an A-10 in it tomorrow, as SP on my PC.
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That sounds great Alan, reference the enemy air, it will only spawn if the mirages fly past their Fence in waypoint. So the mission is ready to be flown by A10C only for Tuesday. But doesn't require any editing to add or remove red air due to my scripting.

I'm quite looking forward to getting this mission flown with a squadron flight.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

See you tomorrow, Matt.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Missions”