Operation Badgers Strike

Post All Your Missions Here
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Operation Badgers Strike

Post by Matt »

I also have CRIB cards to coordinate MEDEVAC from the battlefield if anyone fancies flying MERT and troop transport in the Huey sometime.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Excellent. I'd happily fly some Huey missions for the CASEVAC scenarios. I don't know if the radio homing functions any more, but it would add another dimension to getting downed pilots on missions too.

Switching roles mid-mission to provide top cover for a downed pilot while an extraction mission is put together, with some enemy AI triggered by the situation would be a great way to add much more depth to squadron nights.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Exactly my thoughts, I can easily roll with setting up a emergency HLS for MEDEVAC and marking the location accordingly all from within a CA unit.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi all,

Looking at the recent success of the new way of mission planning for Tuesdays, I'd quite like to revamp this old favourite to bring it in to line.

For anyone that hasn't flown this mission it uses myself as a dedicated ground commander fighting in a Challenger 2 tank (I know right :lol:) calling in fast air from A10C's using correct terminology used by unqualified JTAC units in emergency situations.

I would be revamping the mission in a way to make all squadrons plan there own flights as per the usual Tuesday standards (although there will always be some waiting around for the A10's due to the reason movements and ground combat taking place)

I would also be looking for a dedicated Huey pilot to act as my medivac helicopter landing at emergency HLS's to recover my injured/dead and return them to the nearest aide post. (Maybe a fun dynamic for one of the 60 squadrons guys?)

As always the blue side are vastly out numbered and the possible failure of the mission falls in the hands of my tactics and the support of airborne units.

What do you guys think?
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Yea go on revamp it, I always liked Badgers Strike.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Excellent, and I'd be very happy to fly the Huey for you.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Matt,
Revamp gets my vote.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Matt wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 07:15 Hi all,

Looking at the recent success of the new way of mission planning for Tuesdays, I'd quite like to revamp this old favourite to bring it in to line.

For anyone that hasn't flown this mission it uses myself as a dedicated ground commander fighting in a Challenger 2 tank (I know right :lol:) calling in fast air from A10C's using correct terminology used by unqualified JTAC units in emergency situations.

I would be revamping the mission in a way to make all squadrons plan there own flights as per the usual Tuesday standards (although there will always be some waiting around for the A10's due to the reason movements and ground combat taking place)

I would also be looking for a dedicated Huey pilot to act as my medivac helicopter landing at emergency HLS's to recover my injured/dead and return them to the nearest aide post. (Maybe a fun dynamic for one of the 60 squadrons guys?)

As always the blue side are vastly out numbered and the possible failure of the mission falls in the hands of my tactics and the support of airborne units.

What do you guys think?
you call a10s fast air? :o how long have you been away?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Alien

Post by Alien »

Yep go for it Matt, it's an excellent gig mucker, looking forward to it.
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Neil Willis wrote: 14 May 2017, 14:04 Excellent. I'd happily fly some Huey missions for the CASEVAC scenarios. I don't know if the radio homing functions any more, but it would add another dimension to getting downed pilots on missions too.

Switching roles mid-mission to provide top cover for a downed pilot while an extraction mission is put together, with some enemy AI triggered by the situation would be a great way to add much more depth to squadron nights.
youre the medevac? il take my chances with the enemy thanks :lol: :lol:
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “Missions”