Operation Badgers Strike

Post All Your Missions Here
Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Operation Badgers Strike

Post by Flyco »

Matt, had a quick look at the mission.

A couple of thoughts.
1. Boar Fence-in is sufficiently far from base to put the height up to the final operating ht of 20,000 ft.
2. The Boar Artillery target height is given as 10,000 ft. I don't know if this was deliberate; it's certainly possible to find them, but given that the position is spot on, it would be better if the height were also given - 1916 ft.
3. By the time I got to the Enemy Recce position they were already about to be over-run by incoming blue tanks, making an attack a bit tricky.
4. You need to change the Boar callsigns from Enfield to Boar.

I didn't get time to look at the other A-10s, or look at the triggers, I take it that things will develop. As is said I'll try and have another run through tomorrow.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Very good observations Alan, this is why it helps to have a new set of eyes take a look :lol:

I will take a look at the mission tonight to sort those bits out,

I think I will remove the recce screen as an A10C target due to the fact that they are no problem for the tanks and as you have mentioned by the time we get there the tanks are pretty much rolling through the target anyway.

Reference the hight of the artillery waypoints that was not deliberate, I shall rectify this. The reason I have them spot on is due to the fact the grids are given via brief anyway, but it's just incase any new members are not content with CDU input.

I'm not sure how I messed up the callsign however....silly me :roll:
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

One more item Matt, could you add a tanker for the Mirages too please?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes of course, not a problem Neil.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I have now rectified all those issues found by Alan (Many thanks for spotting those), I have also added in a S-3B Tanker call sign "Arco" operating on 252.000Mhz as requested by Neil,

I have added one aircraft of each flight on the ground at Vaziani under Hot parking for anyone that comes late or has connection issues to save them the hassle of going through the full start-up procedure and having the long trek back to the target area.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I have completed the updates regarding all the things mentioned after last night's flight, made a quick sketch map aswell (on the first post) and have implemented a strict no fire zone once the challengers start to enter the target area.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Great work Matt. Can you post the map, and an outline for the mission on the Thursday night Squadron flight thread please?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I will do as soon as I get home Neil, along with a Warrior IFV in the vehicle recognition thread as it is also pertinent for the flight tonight
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

New updates from last nights session,

*Now Boar flight will initially engage a HQ element once this is engaged and destroyed they will get tasked with finding and destroying the enemy convoy.

*Hog flight will now engage and destroy both artillery sites and remain on tasking supporting Badger squadron.

*The SAMs are now SA-19's to add more danger to the A10C's

new voice messages for each flight, (both flights will receive a separate brief after takeoff referring to their initial targets)
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

New Variation of the mission (I like to call it the hardcore version :lol: )

Now integrated real time ground commanders (Call sign Tango 0B) to command friendly ground forces and coordinate with CAS aircraft, so in this stripped down version all of the voice overs are gone meaning the ground commander will have to find the targets prior to sending a ECAS to the A10C's while also commanding his units on the battlefield (exactly as done by tank troop leaders in battle) adding much more realism to the battle in general.

Now while I am not a qualified JTAC in real life, I am and have coordinated airstrikes in Afghanistan using the below CRIB cards
(below are real time ECAS and CCA crib cards that I use to call in aircraft on to targets.....please study them prior to flying this mission with a ground commander to understand the information you will be required to take down)

CRIB Cards 1+2 are both sides to the ECAS, 3 is the CRIB for CCA (More related to helicopters but still usefull)
Crib 1.jpg
Crib 1.jpg (544.6 KiB) Viewed 6712 times
CRIB 2.jpg
CRIB 2.jpg (517.71 KiB) Viewed 6712 times
CRIB 3.jpg
CRIB 3.jpg (565.09 KiB) Viewed 6712 times
Sorry for the image files my scanner was playing up, just right click and press save image
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Missions”