Op Bactria

Post All Your Missions Here
Flyco
Site Admin

Op Bactria

Post by Flyco »

I have made a few minor changes to Op Bactria and put it on the Server as 'Op Bactria RAF Air UK', without any version numbers.

Changes are:

Adjusted tankers to hold and re-fuel at the same speed (around 178 KIAS), have EPLRS, and use channel suffix X (Y seems to be faulty). (Sorry not updated the brief to reflect this - will do at next opportunity)

Added two extra airborne ac for each of the 4-ships.

Made a few very minor changes to some of the weapon loads.

Latest version is set up on the server if anyone wants to try it.

If anyone does find any bugs, or has any other suggestions, please let me know.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Op Bactria

Post by Matt »

I have started the leg work to get Bactria ready for use in 2.5, i just wanted to confirm if anyone had already started before I get too far in, as I can imagine it will take a good few hours to finish.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

One point is that 178 KIAS is far too slow for Harriers. We need the KC130s at around 250 KIAS minimum or in some configurations the airbrakes are constantly needed to fly slowly enough.

I suggest that all updating should be done with prior approval from Matt now. He is the mission co-ordinator.

Also, can we ensure that the only skins used are the 97 Squadron ones for the A-10C, and RAF skins are used on all other aircraft if they're available. Maybe we should choose a stock skin from those currently out there, and add it to our skin pack too.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I will look in to the best way to get Harriers in the mission if that is what people want, however I'm not too sure of its usefulness at the time being, without plugging all waypoints in to its INS, but I will look in to it for the guys that want it.

As for the tankers I will sort that out at the same time Neil.

ok I will make sure all A10C's are in the 97 skin, as I think some are flying the 74/141 skins at the moment. once again I will look in to it.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Thanks Matt. Agreed, the Harrier is pretty limited, and we don't need to have them in every mission. I just understood there are a couple in Bactria as is stands? If not, then clearly the tanker issue goes away too.
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I have updated Op Bactria to place all the aircraft of a flight together in a central position on each of the airbases. It has been saved over the latest version in the drop box.
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I have spent more time doing that with my missions than I have flying! The buggers all seem to revert to their old spot as soon as you turn your back on them.

For Matt: Two problems detected - one fixed (I hope).

1. On Task 12, the inbound chopper lands in trees, blows, up and the poor A-10C drivers get the “You failed, go home and await your court martial and execution”. I have shifted the LZ and associated trigger zone about 50 yards (OK Metres), onto clear ground. Not check flown yet. I seem to recall a similar problem to the one above, where RW landing points seem to move of their own volition.

2. On Task 16 we couldn’t find the caves. I checked later and they appear to be an example of the current DCS bug where only a limited number of Static Objects can be shown. Best to wait for DCS to fix this well-known bug.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Where can I find the dropbox?
Thanks!
Kind regards Geordie

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

PM me Geordie, and I'll get you registered.

Neil
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi guys, I have looked in to this, and I agree about task 16, there is not much that can currently be done about that issue, I have tried changing the target types and all to no avail.

Ref task 12, I completely missed that one! :oops: very sorry, thanks for the fix Alan!
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Missions”