Falklands War 2 mission

Post All Your Missions Here
ANT (EGNF) UK

Falklands War 2 mission

Post by ANT (EGNF) UK »

Hello to all the people of RAF Air UK!

One or two of you may remember me from a couple of years back when I hung around on your server regularly and observed some flying by your pilots, I may have also got in the way a bit, which I apologise for! Anyway, I am here to inform you of a mission I have been working on over the last 6 months or so because I imagine it would be a mission you might appreciate due to it's Harrier / RAF / British relevance.

The mission is a simple, fictional Falklands War 2 scenario set in late 2009, the equipment / aircraft / ships / units used are carefully chosen and named to represent those in service on both sides during this period. For example, the closest comparable ship to the HMS Illustrious available in DCS is obviously the USS Tarawa, and a comparable ship to represent HMS Daring is the CG-60 Normandy, similarly the ARA Hercules of Argentina is represented by an FFG 11540 Neustrashimy.

The mission is multiplayer compatible and is quite straight forward and linear, allowing a choice of mission styles and target types, with a reasonable amount of AI air and ground targets for both the Argentine and British sides. There are plenty of client slots including both helicopters, planes and combined arms options. I have also included multiple JTAC / AFAC / FAC units for use on both sides.

As with most missions, this is a work in progress and has been quite a learning curve but I have had good feedback from the DCS community so far and hope you can make use of the mission, even if you simply adapt it to your own needs. Any questions, advice or Ideas are always welcome.

This is the link for the file;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... s/3116233/

Kind regards,

Anthony

( ANT (EGNF) UK )

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Falklands War 2 mission

Post by Neil Willis »

Much appreciated Ant. You were never a hindrance, and we'd always welcome you to join us for a session.

I look forward to trying the Falklands mission soon.

Thanks.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

ANT (EGNF) UK

Post by ANT (EGNF) UK »

Thanks Neil, I'll drop by when I finally install 2.5! Am waiting for the non-beta so may be a while.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hey Ant,

I actually have your mission downloaded on my machine already! I'm just waiting on a bit of time to run it!

From what I've heard it's very good!

Matt.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ANT (EGNF) UK

Post by ANT (EGNF) UK »

Hi Matt,

That's good to know. I know what you mean by finding the time for trying the mission, It's a 5 hour + running mission if the main objectives aren't completed, there's plenty to do but I'm wondering if maybe the quantity of convoy type targets may be on the low side for you guys who, from what I've read on this forum, work fast at convoy killing!
I've tried to make the FAC controllers work, but am not 100% sure they are correctly set because I've never used FACs before myself so any feedback you could give me regarding this would be appreciated.

regards,

Ant

ANT (EGNF) UK

Post by ANT (EGNF) UK »

For anyone who is interested, I have made a new mission, based on, and following on from my previous incarnation of the Falklands war 2, which I gathered was not fully to everyone's tastes, however here it is;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... s/3302420/

I am unable to provide a fully coherent mission brief as previously recommended by members of RAF Air, because there are so many choices of air frames to use and many options for SEAD, CAP, Reconnaisance, CAS, Intercept, etc. There are so many different things happening around the map which are intended to allow the client(s) to pick and choose their sorties. In this vein it is similar to the previous mission in that it is a long (~3hr) scripted scenario, where ideally, coherent groups of clients such as yourselves would initially fly sorties to recon for targets based on the provided basic map, and then based on this, plan and carry out smaller individual missions in real time (hence the open endedness of the scenario).

As the over-all goal of this mission is to fully eliminate the enemy (of whichever side you choose to fly for), and this would admittedly be quite a task, I would suggest deciding for yourselves what your more limited mission goals are (Ie; clear Port Stanley of enemy ground forces) and choose to complete these as your main objectives for an evenings flight.

If you can make suggestions for how I could improve or modify it to your needs, I would be willing to try, providing any changes don't completely alter the original concept.

I have included only 2 of everyone's current favourite FA-18C, playing the part of two Typhoons FGR4 units, but not as carrier based units, as it would be TOO far fetched. I admit therefore that this is mostly a mission aimed at the Harrier, Mirage-2000C , SU-25T and helicopter enthusiasts.

Feel free to modify the mission for yourselves if necessary, and I hope at the very least it provides one nights alternative flying either for you as individuals or the group.

It is as always a work in progress, but in it's current form it seems to run well and should have no issues.

Kind Regards

Anthony - ANT (EGNF) UK

Return to “Missions”