Khashuri Gap Updated for Tomcats

Post All Your Missions Here
Flyco
Site Admin

Khashuri Gap Updated for Tomcats

Post by Flyco »

An updated version of Khashumi Gap (v2D) is now available on the 2.5 Missions Dropbox.

The briefing within the Mission Kneeboard has not yet been updated.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Mutley

Re: Khashuri Gap Updated for Tomcats

Post by Mutley »

Thank you Alan

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

How do we get access to the dropbox?
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

The mission described in this thread is not the one planned for tonight.
Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Following the failure of some elements of this mission to react correctly in the running of Kashuri Gap on Tues 19, I am currently going through it again, and hope to have a better (I don't guarantee perfect!) version for next week.

As before it will cater for the F-18 OCU flight of 4, 2 Harriers, between 2 and 4 F-14s and F-18s, and between 4 and 8 A-10Cs. The plan is for the Harriers to deliver retarded bombs; the F-18s to deliver HARM, chase down AHs and Su-25s, and mount CAP; the F-14s to mount CAP; and the A-10Cs to deliver CBUs, Maverick, and GBUs. All F-14 and F-18 pilots should, ideally, be able to carry out AAR, and/or be prepared to re-arm and re-fuel back at base for a second sortie. No early teas!
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What failed Alan?
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Quite a few things. The artillery didn't spawn; at least 2 of the Red AH showed signs of being shot up prior to start - including trailing smoke; several of the timings didn't work; etc. I am trawling through them at present, and am still having difficulty with the RU AH spawning in the shot-up state. Very puzzling.
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The artillery should not require to spawn what so ever, it should be already on the map on mission start! Very strange indeed!
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I have discovered from the DCS Forum that the M-24, is bugged and always shows this effect, but it does not affect the operation or effectiveness of the ac. I will look at replacing it with another type, since the smoke is a real giveaway to anyone looking for it.
Image Image Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Flyco wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 14:02 Following the failure of some elements of this mission to react correctly in the running of Kashuri Gap on Tues 19, I am currently going through it again, and hope to have a better (I don't guarantee perfect!) version for next week.

As before it will cater for the F-18 OCU flight of 4, 2 Harriers, between 2 and 4 F-14s and F-18s, and between 4 and 8 A-10Cs. The plan is for the Harriers to deliver retarded bombs; the F-18s to deliver HARM, chase down AHs and Su-25s, and mount CAP; the F-14s to mount CAP; and the A-10Cs to deliver CBUs, Maverick, and GBUs. All F-14 and F-18 pilots should, ideally, be able to carry out AAR, and/or be prepared to re-arm and re-fuel back at base for a second sortie. No early teas!
Is AAR a must for the F14? I ask as I don't really have it fully down with confidence yet and with my current flightstick (old T flight paired with an x55 throttle and not had chance set up my new Virpil this weekend to try that) its like threading spaghetti through a needle with boxing gloves on? No issue doing RTB and re-arming etc.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Missions”