Falklands War 1982

Post All Your Missions Here
ANT (EGNF) UK

Falklands War 1982

Post by ANT (EGNF) UK »

Hi,

Here is a new Falklands War mission I have laid out for my own use, based on the actual war in 1982. It is intended as a base to build your own sorties upon, there is very little AI activity, which are mostly triggered (and can be removed / disabled easily if desired, with no effect on the mission).

It follows a similar layout as my other two missions but with more detail and more realistic locations

All primary units such as aircraft, ships, helicopters and ground units are named and locations of places can be seen using the labels option in the F10 map when in mission.

I have tried to be historically accurate, having researched the conflict in some detail.

3 mods are mandatory for the mission to work, Skyhawk A-4E-C , Aermacchi MB-339 and Hermes carrier. An RAF and RN FAA Harrier liveries mod is important but optional. Links to all are in the following page;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... s/3303964/

As always, It is a work in progress so more features will be added in future, any questions or suggestions are welcome as always,

Regards, ANT (EGNF) UK

(all missions ; https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... t_filter=Y )

john (scooby)

Re: Falklands War 1982

Post by john (scooby) »

off topic but my father in law was on hermes in the mid 70s (my grandad was on the ark royal in ww2 including when she eventually got sunk)
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

ANT (EGNF) UK

Post by ANT (EGNF) UK »

Hi Gaspode,

That is a great family history, what jobs did they do on board?

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

My grandad was in charge of an AA mount. I don't know what other duties he had.
I don't actually know what my father in law did apart from get drunk box and fornicate alot lol
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “Missions”