Missions Including Mods

Post All Your Missions Here
Matt
Site Admin

Missions Including Mods

Post by Matt »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to see where we stand on this subject, how would people feel about flying missions that required a mod installed by all participating pilots?

for example, I have a mission much like the Badgers Strike missions involving a real-time JTAC/ground commander based around supporting a CASEVAC of a downed aircrew in hostile territory and supporting the ground forces withdrawal under fire, however to add to "realism" I have used the mod below to have them based from a realistic FOB (forward operating base) pic's below.

installing the mod would be as simple as everyone extracting the files in to their "User/Saved Games/DCS World (version whatever)" folder.

what would everyone think about this?

Thanks all
Matt.

Links to the ED forum for the mod and D/L link.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242793
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQOiEO ... H7Mqo/view

Pics
Screen_190907_201105.png
Screen_190907_201105.png (7.8 MiB) Viewed 2052 times
Screen_190907_201048.png
Screen_190907_201048.png (11.17 MiB) Viewed 2052 times
Screen_190907_201040.png
Screen_190907_201040.png (9.57 MiB) Viewed 2052 times
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Missions Including Mods

Post by Flyco »

I would be reluctant to pressure members into buying mods that are essential to our missions. However if they are free, or not essential to the mission, I can see no objections.

In such cases, it would be best if the mod could be built into the mission. Otherwise I foresee extended discussions at the briefing about what and how to download and install them. At present many of our members do not seem to check what the mission is, or the current mod state of SRS or Teamspeak or even DCS itself, until 10 minutes before the mission start.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Oh believe me in not into buying anything! the mod I'm using is completely free, but much like the range objects mod it requires all pilots to install it on their machines in able to participate.

Maybe I could make a install pack with instructions for all mods we use from time to time, therefore pilots only have to drop it within their DCS saved games folder, it could include Range objects and this FOB scenery pack
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

That's a good idea, Matt. We can probably incorporate it into the new website when that is on-line. I suggest we decide which skins we want to include too, and whether or not personalized skins should be a thing?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

I now have the ability to make videos of my screen activity so can easily make one for installing this type of thing. Just let me know where exactly the MODs need to go and I will do a video.

The only issue I forsee is that someone pitches up at 19:25 without the mod installed and then they are buggered. For it to work we would prob have to give a couple of weeks notice that X mission requires the mod to be installed.

In the good old days a player could still join a mission without the mod installed but would not see anything relating to it. I think that DCS is now very restrictive in some ways.
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Missions”