Persian Gulf Generic Mission

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Persian Gulf Generic Mission

Post by Matt »

It's a transport and cargo script, basically makes the helicopters have a real purpose ranging from troop transport to creating repairing FOBs and SAM sites.

It's very good, just takes a little implementing.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Muff

Post by Muff »

Mr_Sukebe wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 09:15 Muff and myself were out last night on the mission. Like it very much, thanks for that.

Some requests that I'd like to make as suggested additions:
1. This evening I'll upload some pages for the kneeboard, which include frequencies for each of the maps. I find them much easier to deal with than having to checkout the F10 map.
2. I appreciate that we're primarily flying the F14 in a similar way to a Tornado, but as we have a carrier group, it would seem appropriate to add a couple of F14s and a couple of F18s on board.
3. Can you please add CTLD and a group of 4 hueys for the blues and a group of 4 Mi8s for the Iranians.
4. As I understand it, the Iranians have F5s, so they'd fit
5. Would it work to add a JF-17 as an aggressor aircraft that Pakistan might have sold to their neighbour?
I like these points, worked very good on the server you were running and CTLD makes choopers more encouraging to fly.

Have you tried Airboss script for the carrier with carrier kneebord under the f10 menu and marshals?

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

us cat jockeys are waiting for the real flat tops to be relised as they are ment for 14s , the ones we have now are not menat for the 14s

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Gents be aware the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71) has entered the region taking over from the USS John C Stennis as head of the carrier group also joining the carrier strike group is the USS Arleigh Burke the lead ship of the Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyers.

The John C Stennis will remain in the gulf of Oman for any non supercarrier players

Aircraft Carriers
CVN USS Theodore Roosevelt 71X Tacan, Frequency 127.500Mhz AM - ICLS CHN 11 BRC 350(Mag)

CVN USS John C Stennis 74X Tacan, Frequency 128.500Mhz AM - ICLS CHN 12 BRC 304(Mag)
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Quick update, i have set all aircraft to the new comms matrix (attached) inculding changing starting airbases and tanker/ ship comms for all squadrons and AI assets so please check it out!

also, 60 Squadron have been deployed to FARP Rome (See pics) FARP Rome can also accommodate Harriers (or any aircraft for that instance) to rearm a fixed wing aircraft simply park on the road next to the FARP's (single pads or the big one) and rearm and refuel

FARP Rome - 134.600Mhz - 69X Tacan (situated 20NM NE of Dubai International)
4x Huey and 2x Gazelle at the FARP
RAFair Comms Matrix (2).xlsx
(10.62 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Screen_201004_161838.png
Screen_201004_161838.png (2.13 MiB) Viewed 2621 times
Screen_201004_161826.png
Screen_201004_161826.png (13.28 MiB) Viewed 2621 times
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

thanks for the huey love
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Mission updated with additional player flown Redair and all squadron aircraft adhere to new RAF Air UK comms matrix
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

WilloUK

Post by WilloUK »

Strange 1, on server today and the AWACS was coming up as Not Available in coms menu, but was flying at about 30000 ft.. dont know if it's a bug in the mission or somethings failed
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flight Lieutenant Phil "WilloUK" Wilson RAF Air UK

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

So I have started revamping this mission, bringing it more in to line with Syria, removing enemy respawns, adding a 6 hour restart with warnings at 1hour, 30, 15, 10 and 5 minutes.

I've split the map in to two distinct areas .....what I'm calling mainstream Iran and Southern Iran (Southern being opposite Oman) so you have conventional target and defenses in the northern area with switchable SAM threat via F10 menu

and the Southern is almost Afghanistan esq with a detailed Patrol Base with worthing FARP facilities for Helo pilots, and fast jets (aimed really at the Harrier can land on the road just off the main gate and can also rearm and refuel by use if an invisible FARP (the base is pretty much a 1:1 model of my own PB from my time in Afghanistan) targets in this area are counter insurgency target locations.

Added lots of new locations to become acquainted with the locals!

I'm adding additional triggered REDAIR to ensure there are plenty for you all to do on this map and to bring it more to life after being a little stale and outdated as the mission editor has progressed so far recently.

Once this is at a good stage I will publish it on the server.

Matt.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hey all a quick look at all the new target locations in the upcoming PG upgraded mission.

Every black cross is a new target location less the one that says PB Attal which is your new Afghanistan style replica of my old patrol base from my time over there.
PG Target Map.jpg
PG Target Map.jpg (849.78 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
PB Attal.jpg
PB Attal.jpg (704.97 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
You will find a troop of 60 Squadron UH-1's moved to the airfield Bandar-e-Jask which will now be operating as a Kandahar/Camp Bastion for insurgency operations in that area of the map.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Generic Server Missions”