Persian Gulf Generic Mission

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Persian Gulf Generic Mission

Post by Matt »

Howdy all, A quick Christmas gift from me!

All you OCU pilots out there might know a little mission you often fly in the Persian Gulf called the Fujairah Fourship...with Ade's permission I have built this mission within the Persian Gulf Generic Mission so you can all practice at will!

All waypoints are preloaded in the Four OCU named 41(f) Airframes based at Al Dafra and your route in and out is exactly correct as you would expect it to be (as per the version of the mission I have on my pc), all F18C's also come with an additional kneeboard page for this target with the real missions briefing included also attached below along with the PDF on the first post being updated for this.

there is two notable changes, the first is that the second target location (The factory) has had to be changed for an Outpost with some fuel trucks parked in front, this is due to a limitation on static objects not being able to respawn using MIST, however although it is visually a smidge different it is in exactly the same location as before (pic below). the second being that the Red Mig that (may/may not) bounce the formation will not appear on radar (so I can ensure it does not get engaged by the in-depth SAM network in the region) so you will need to keep your heads out of the cockpit to protect your wingy, because of this I have only loaded him with guns for now!

Can I just ask that whenever you fly this mission alone or with friends you always ensure someone occupies the OCU Lead aircraft as mission editor limitations make it so the Mig must be tied to that aircraft for your bounce to work out correctly!

Please do enjoy this as it was a pain in the ass to get working with this mission in the Generic Map, any issues please let me know!

as always your humble servant
Matt
Screen_191225_144457.png
Screen_191225_144457.png (8.99 MiB) Viewed 3051 times
Screen_191225_142650.png
Screen_191225_142650.png (15.12 MiB) Viewed 3051 times
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

WilloUK

Post by WilloUK »

Hi Matt

Good mission this, given it a good blast today the only thing iv found and don't know if its mission related is ATC not responding to calls, flying the AV8 and no response for start-up .taxi and take-off requests , apart from that certainly on the training range no issues that I could see
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flight Lieutenant Phil "WilloUK" Wilson RAF Air UK

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sadly the ATC is mega miffed up in DCS so it's not something I can do much about I'm afraid.

Slight changes to the Fajairah mission, the AAA is now more effective along with the Mig 29, you may find he does not bounce you from time to time, this is because he has no radar therefore he must visually sight you before being able to engage....also making it more unpredictable, which I don't mind too much personally.

Also along with the blue carrier group, you may find Iranian frigates and destroyers sailing around the Gulf from time to time....they are hostile too 8-)
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Nice one Matt.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

WilloUK

Post by WilloUK »

Matt
would it be possible to have a row of targets on the golf range visible on the f10 map for harriers to practice JDAMS ?

Cheers Phil
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flight Lieutenant Phil "WilloUK" Wilson RAF Air UK

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Matt - I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

I flew the F-18 OCU sortie as a singleton No 4, and, despite noting your warning about the lead ac being the bounce trigger, I still got bounced by the Mig. Without AWACS, the first thing I knew was the RWR squealing at me. Needless to say, in a bombed-up F-18, with a Mig-29 just a couple of miles behind me, I didn't last very long.

Next time I go mob-handed!
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Willo, sadly there is no way I can get just one group to show up on the map....however I may be able to alter the setting to fog of war....meaning they will appear on the map if a friendly unit can see them, which means once you get near the range or maybe eve the RCO AI unit placed near by may cause them to display on the map....but I will test it and get back to you over the next few days.

Alan, Ahh yes.... I did forget to mention I found a way to get the mig to engage any OCU Mig aircraft :roll:

But I do know from experience you can best him in a bombed up Harrier, so.......good luck

Jokes aside, sorry I forgot to mention I have changed a trigger for the mig 29.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Mr_Sukebe

Post by Mr_Sukebe »

Muff and myself were out last night on the mission. Like it very much, thanks for that.

Some requests that I'd like to make as suggested additions:
1. This evening I'll upload some pages for the kneeboard, which include frequencies for each of the maps. I find them much easier to deal with than having to checkout the F10 map.
2. I appreciate that we're primarily flying the F14 in a similar way to a Tornado, but as we have a carrier group, it would seem appropriate to add a couple of F14s and a couple of F18s on board.
3. Can you please add CTLD and a group of 4 hueys for the blues and a group of 4 Mi8s for the Iranians.
4. As I understand it, the Iranians have F5s, so they'd fit
5. Would it work to add a JF-17 as an aggressor aircraft that Pakistan might have sold to their neighbour?

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Very good points, so this mission has only just been made so I'm just at a stage of stress testing and bug finding fr a small while longer....hence why carriers and what not are without spawning units atm, as soon as I'm happy that the mission is stable I will be adding plenty more to it.

CTDL very good comment as I was just thinking this lastnight! Great minds I must say!!

Give me a few days to finishing my tests (and enjoy tonight's festivities back home :lol: ) and then I will look in to the new additions for the mission.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Ctd sends shivers down my spine lol, i have no idea what a ctdl is though
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “Generic Server Missions”