Mission briefing sheets & Red Air

Post All Your Missions Here
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Mission briefing sheets & Red Air

Post by Neil Willis »

It will be vital to include radio frequencies as part of any mission briefing from now on. Ideally, we should have a set of JPEG pages included as part of the mission package, with a full run down of the mission, and special instructions, and especially, the frequencies to be used by each flight, each squadron, and any support packages such as JTAC, AWACS, AAR, and Red Air.

Although security would usually be a concern when publishing frequencies, at present, we will be allowing Red Air elements to eavesdrop in order to ensure effective intercepts. Red Air will not be authorised to shoot down any aircraft at this stage, but will notify you when they have good launch parameters. This is to ensure that no-one has a short mission, or misses out on training etc.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Simon.Collier

Re: Mission briefing sheets & Red Air

Post by Simon.Collier »

Sounds great to me

Matt Pera

Post by Matt Pera »

great plan Neil. Possibly Red Air will be Allied forces to begin with? making sure noone is actually able to fire live ammo accidently?

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Well, I can't take credit for the ideas, it was all discussed at the recent meeting.

Red Air will be under to control of Marcus, what exactly he has in mind will be a surprise for us all I think.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Marcus Armstrong

Post by Marcus Armstrong »

Mwhahahaha :twisted:

In all fairness I think we will be playing it nice as we ramp up, though certain missions may get... "tense"; If no one actually fires at you how do you deal with being fired at?

Allot like random fails on airframes, no one wants to spend time getting on target to be shot down when they are on a weapons practice.

Return to “Missions”