SERVER 3 - Super Carrier Case recovery training suite

Post All Your Missions Here
Chris

SERVER 3 - Super Carrier Case recovery training suite

Post by Chris »

Super Carrier Case recovery training suite
  • 4 missions that facilitate communication interaction with super carriers designed for multi ship squadron Case 1, 2 & 3 Recovery training.
  • Caucasus Map - Sea is Sea....
  • Located on Server 3 SLMod is required to start (any one) thereafter radio menu options allow mission change and return to Server 3 default mission on training end.
  • 3 carriers. Washington, Roosevelt & Tarawa. Weather configured so that DCS responds with appropriate recovery method – even the Tarawa!
  • RAFAir standard freqs are used and detailed in the briefing pages.
  • 8x F18s, 8X F14bs & 8x AV8BNA are based at Novorossiysk. The carriers are 50 miles distant at start, about right I reckon to get configured and settled before hitting the Marshal.
  • Additionally, each SC has 4x F18c & 4x F14b onboard with the Tarawa having 4 Harriers.
  • Training Missions are CASE 1, CASE 2, CASE 3 and CASE 3 with Bad Weather – night 35 knots wind, low cloud and rain.
  • Concept being start CASE 1 and when appropriate use the radio menu to load CASE 2 etc etc. Radio Option 5 resets the server to Server 3 default (Syria) – hopefully.
  • I am sure there are a few problems in there. Let me know please...
SLMod instructions will be available soon but it is very easy to use. Contact Neil for access.

Kneeboards included.
00_FA-18C_hornet_KS_Day_04.png
00_FA-18C_hornet_KS_Day_04.png (277.9 KiB) Viewed 2263 times
00_FA-18C_hornet_KS_Day_05.png
00_FA-18C_hornet_KS_Day_05.png (280.09 KiB) Viewed 2263 times
00_FA-18C_hornet_KS_Day_06.png
00_FA-18C_hornet_KS_Day_06.png (286.5 KiB) Viewed 2263 times
00_FA-18C_hornet_KS_Day_07.png
00_FA-18C_hornet_KS_Day_07.png (385 KiB) Viewed 2263 times
Kind Regards
Chris :)

john (scooby)

Re: SERVER 3 - Super Carrier Case recovery training suite

Post by john (scooby) »

when on multiplayer we need to coordinate between groups using the boat freq, ie is the pattern empty and if not whos the highest in the stack. many times weve seen people bunched up oblivious to eachother
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Doesn’t using AI ATC give adequate separation?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Indeed it does, Case 3 from the Marshal was giving 1 minute push separation so providing you maintain 250KIAS as procedures then that should the same all the way in... of course saying it is easy my performance last night says it aint... ha ha... but then that's why we train...
Kind Regards

Crowebar-892nas

Post by Crowebar-892nas »

Thanks for sharing Chris

F1GHTS-ON

Post by F1GHTS-ON »

Chris wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 19:07 Indeed it does, Case 3 from the Marshal was giving 1 minute push separation so providing you maintain 250KIAS as procedures then that should the same all the way in...
https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/local/docs/ ... /P-816.pdf Page 43 (only Open Source doc I can find), confirms the above.

I'm not (or ever was!) an Air Tragic type, but did get to witness from CATCC numerous CASE 3 recoveries (up to 15 a/c on one night). As I recall the issue comes after the aircraft "Dirty Up" as to fly on speed for the relevant type suddenly the jets (Legacy & Super) Hornets flew in the 134-137KIAS range whereas the E-2s were down at 115-118 KIAS range. The trick was to put the Hummers at the back of the queue, but it only took one jet to miss the wires and then CATCC had to earn their money by trying to fit them back in to the queue...... of course with an Air Group of approx 60 jets, it is that last recovery of the day (usually in the dark = Case 3) that creates the issue of finding enough space on the deck - and having the E-2 last on (generally after the Tanker) only adds to that "please God, let tem all fit"......

You can see from my signature block that I am very much the new boy here, so forgive my dumb question: When you set up these CASE 3 coop missions, are you able to feed in some AI E-2s? Of course I'm not sure how well modelled their AI on speed is. The real life excitement (easy to say as I was never in the plane!) was watching these aircraft all lined up @ 1 min intervals from the LSO platform where the next aircraft in sequence really flew the ball right down to the last second wave off with some angry words from Cdr Air (or whatever the USN title was) for anyone slow getting out of the wires.
Student Pilot
"F1GHTS-ON"
FAA (RAF) Air UK - XI (F) Sqn FTS

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

At this stage we haven't done a lot of Case III, so we are just learning timings etc ourselves. As for adding AI aircraft - that's next I think. I have flown the in-built Case III mission around a dozen times so far, and the AI aircraft certainly make you keep to your allotted times.

We'll start getting adventurous once we all have our carrier pass I expect.
ImageImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

I'd like to propose a joint Case 3 trng night, probably a little late in the day to be asking for numbers now, so would next week be good ?

My thanks to Chris for forwarding me the Case 1 2 3 miz files with which myself and shaggy have been trng on, to make these recovery's more realistic we really need 3 or even 4 + a/c to make a realistic stack where we can pass / fail, on our Nav / Needles / Time / Distance / Speed / Recovery / Green deck etc. and of course our Comms to and from the Marshall.
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

In... Monday night is normally busy with helos, any other will do rightly, :)
Kind Regards

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I’m in too.

Just let me know when and where.

I am sure we will have a few more guys join us from 892.

Neil
ImageImageImage

Return to “Missions”